Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feature Request - Device Field

druggiero11 says:
Much like you can filter your tasks based on your current location so that I do not see tasks that I have to be at home for when I am out, it would be great to be able to filter tasks based on my current device so that I don't see tasks that require a computer when I am on my phone. It would be a field called devices and you would be able to attach the name of the device type. Then you would use a smart filter that says DeviceType=Current so that if it matches the device it displays on the SmartList.
Posted at 11:52am on November 13, 2022
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you make the effort to assign some sort of “desired device” tag to all your tasks, then I think all you need are two smart lists - computer and mobile - and then you’ll have just the functionality you seek.
Posted 1 year ago
jonathan.pilborough says:
You can already filter by the device type using searches like source:android or source:web. I would have thought that would be sufficient unless it's important to differentiate between multiple phones.
Posted 1 year ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I think the poster was trying to distinguish between devices needed to accomplish the task, not where the task originated.
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
druggiero11 - You can post this feature request in the Ideas forum for people to vote on:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/

That being said, I agree with ranbarton that you can easily do this already with Smart Lists.
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.