Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

All Notes have the same date & time.

mrtuk says:
I have a recurring task, repeats after x number of days.

I add a note to say 'done' after I've completed the task, to give me a record of each time I completed the task.

But the date on each of the notes updates to the last time I completed the task, so I've just completed one of these tasks and ALL notes of that task have today's date & time.

Any ideas on how to fix/stop the dates updating on all the notes?
Posted at 1:41pm on November 22, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mrtuk,
Thanks for getting in touch. This is currently expected behavior when a repeating task generates (the notes take the time from when the task is generated) but I appreciate the feedback that you'd prefer them to keep the times from the previous task/original note date.

I'll pass that along to the rest of the team and you can share it in our Ideas forum where others could vote on it as well.
Posted 2 years ago
mrtuk says:
Hello

Not sure I explained it properly.

Set-up task to repeat say every 25 days.

When I complete the task, I add a note to say done. The date on the previous note would be 1st Nov and then the note today would 25th Nov. Next time the task comes up, both the previous notes will have a date of 25th Nov, so I don't have a record of when work was done.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mrtuk,
Yes, that's right: the next task would generate with the previous date instead of the date the note was created. Sorry for the inconvenience!

For your purposes you may want to add the date in your note itself, but I understand that doesn't completely solve the problem.

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback on to the development team as well!
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.