Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Alerts COme in for Tasks already Completed

(closed account) says:
I have several tasks that include times and repeat daily. They also include alerts. I often complete them before the due time, but the alerts come anyway. I want the alert when I have not completed the task, but if it's already completed, the alert is not necessary.

Is it a bug that causes the alert to come for tasks whether or not they're completed, or is there a setting I can change?

Thanks!
Posted at 2:23pm on February 27, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi geojono,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue.

Depending on the app the timing can be important to how the reminders work. For the web/desktop app generally, completing a task within about a minute could affect the reminder—if you complete it too close to the reminder it may already be in the (quick but not instantaneous!) process of sending out from your account to your reminder method (email, IM, push notification).

For the Android app, or if the web/desktop app is offline, those issue reminders locally, so the sync schedule is important to keep in mind as well. If the app has not synced or is unable to sync since the completion, the reminder may still be issued.

Hope this helps figure out what is happening for you, but let me know if not or if you have any further problems!
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thank you.
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.