Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Where Can I find more specific information about Pro Features? (user of The Hit List looking to switch)

mikerobinsonhk says:
I'm a long-time THL (The Hit List) user, considering a switch to RTM.
So far RTM looks good, but...

I don't see specific information about Advanced Sorting, Subtasks & Themes on the RTM upgrade page. Is there a link?

I'm particularly interested to see if RTM pro has rich keyboard support for these features. I would primarily use RTM on my Laptop.

I really like how THL lets me sort, order and even add indents to my task lists all via command keys. I can't tell if RTM pro would do the same.

If anybody has made the switch from THL to RTM I'd love to hear the pros and cons.

I actually think THL is a perfect To Do list app (outside a few quibbles) but I need cross-platform capabilities, and the developer doesn't seem to maintain the software.

Cheers,
-mr
Posted at 7:25am on January 2, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mikerobinsonhk,
I'm not familiar with THL but we have a bit more info about each feature in our help pages: advanced sorts, subtasks, and we don't have one for themes but I'll put that on our list!

In general, if you want to try Pro features yourself you can upgrade through our website, and we offer refunds for 14 days.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
mikerobinsonhk says:
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
Helpful info. Great features. I'll give RTM pro a try.

If you could help with one last question...
...and bear with me if I don't use the right RTM terms...

Is there a way to change the the order of tasks on a list (any kind) via key commands? If not, are there 3rd party scripts or add-ons that let you do so? I see RTM lets you drag items, but I prefer to avoid mousing around where possible.

THL has this feature and I'm hooked. It's fantastic for brainstorming and initial planning. Unfortunately, it seems not many apps or people take this approach, so I'm trying to find a feature I never expected to be so rare. :(
Posted 6 years ago
Hi mikerobinsonhk,
Remember The Milk doesn't currently offer keyboard sorting, but thanks for the feedback! I'll pass that on to the development team for review, and you can vote for it in our Ideas forum.

Let us know how things go with Pro or if there's anything else we can help with!
Posted 6 years ago
mikerobinsonhk says:
I voted, but it doesn't seem like the masses are clamoring for this feature :-(. Still, this is going to be a critical feature for me.

I test drove RTM free a bit more, but found that even sorting RTM tasks with the mouse was difficult. The drag space on the UI was quite small, it was hard to tell where I was moving items - I often accidentally created sub-lists by accident.

I hate to only come on here and complain. There so many great things about RTM, particularly your responsiveness. I'd switch in a heartbeat. Perhaps in June when my semester is over I can reassess. But for now I'll have to get by with THL. Thanks for listening.
Posted 6 years ago
No worries, all feedback is great and it's nice to hear your candid first impressions!

We don't have any changes to keyboard sorting to announce, but we appreciate the feedback about the drag and drop sorting too.

It sounds like you may not be trying anything else out for a bit, but if you do or if you come back in June, let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.