Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar integration for items with no due date

wheretheskygrows says:
I apologize if this has been asked in some fashion, but I am trying to combine my RTM tasks with my work's Google Calendar. When something in RTM has a due date, it works great - the items shows up in Gcal for the date that it's due.

But some of my items don't have a due date. Is there a way to get these items to show up as part of my Google Calendar?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to get one email each morning that tells me:
-->what are the tasks that are due for that day (either the ones from RTM or that are already on my Google Calendar) AND also
-->What items I entered in RTM that don't have a due date, but need to be worked on

I hope this makes sense. And if anyone has any suggestions, I'd truly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Posted at 4:33pm on November 27, 2012
brendan says:
Hi wheretheskygrows,
Tasks without a due date won't be included in the iCalendar Events feed (so they won't show up on your calendar), or in any of the reminder notifications. Both of these services apply only to tasks with due dates, sorry.

However, both the Daily Gadget and the Sidebar Gadget are able to display tasks with no due date. You may want to take a look at those services and see if one of them will work for you.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
wheretheskygrows says:
Thanks! I do enjoy the Daily Gadget, but for some lists I like to get an email reminder, so after some searching I found a workaround on this thread:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/2064/ - Using IFTTT and Twitter to get emails each day seems to work the best for me now.

It means I get two emails now - one from Twitter and one from Google Calendar, but that's OK. A simple Gmail filter/label system organizes it for me.

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.