Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Recurring tasks

philipjchrist says:
Seems really messed up on weekly recurring tasks. When the start date arrives, I get many instances of the same task, with the current start date plus many of the previous start dates, even though I previously "completed" those. I'm having to turn the MilkSync application off. Seems like it should know how to handle recurring tasks without putting garbage on the task list.
Posted at 3:56pm on March 10, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi philipjchrist,
MilkSync should handle these recurrences fine; would it be possible to contact us to discuss some possible solutions for you? Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
philipjchrist says:
Sure. Again, I have found that every week I get multiple duplications of my recurring tasks. I ended up disconnecting from MilkSync. What is the best way to give you more detail. My email is phil_christ@yahoo.com.

Phil Christ
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi Phil,
Can you use the contact form on this page to send us an email?

We'll be in touch via email as soon as we receive your message.

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
ripdog99 says:
Yeah, I really agree- I refrain from doing recurring tasks in RTM because after you get a few in there, half my "Next Actions" list is for things that have no immediate action.

I think for recurring tasks I'd prefer if they popped up the day of or the day before they were due.

I realize this is a tough problem as you want to give some notice to upcoming tasks, but I think there's got to be a more elegant way as it's currently unuseable once you've got a few recurring tasks in RTM
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
ripdog99,
Perhaps something like sleeper tags would help you.

I'm not sure, but I think philipjchrist's issue was that repeating tasks were getting duplicated. Either way, let us know if you have any further issues.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.