Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

outlook and blackberry sync inter-operability

joeltang says:
Would I be able to use both of these tools without causing a synchronization problems?
Posted at 3:44pm on October 26, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
As mentioned on our FAQ page, Yes, as long as your device is not syncing tasks with Microsoft Outlook already. You'll need to choose between allowing your device to sync directly with Microsoft Outlook, or using MilkSync for BlackBerry or Windows Mobile to sync with Remember The Milk. You cannot do both! Doing so may result in duplicated tasks or deleted data.

In other words, you either choose your sync setup to be BlackBerry <-> Outlook <-> RTM, Outlook <-> BlackBerry <-> RTM, or BlackBerry <-> RTM <-> Outlook. (I'm not sure if that's easier to understand or not! Haha)

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
finny388 says:
andrewski, please check that I understand your post. I'm am looking to set up this tri of syncing without messing things up:

(MS=MilkSync, S=BB/Outlook Sync between Outlook and BB PIM suite)

1. BlackBerry Outlook RTM
2. Outlook BlackBerry RTM
3. BlackBerry RTM Outlook

Option 1:
Makes sense. That's what I was going to do.

Option 2:
I thought Blackberry sync was an RTM mobile app. Is that true or does it just sync with BB PIM suite?

Option 3:
Doesn't that break the rule of using MS(MilkSync) Outlook and MS Blackberry?

I wish the faqs would run through the scenarios like you did (with a some explanation)
Posted 13 years ago
finny388 says:
The post took away my less/more than arrows.

Should be:
1. BlackBerry via S Outlook via MSync RTM
2. Outlook via S BlackBerry via MSync RTM
3. BlackBerry via MSync RTM via MSync Outlook
Posted 13 years ago
finny388,
MilkSync for BlackBerry simply syncs with the existing BlackBerry Tasks application.

Scenario 3 above has your BlackBerry and Outlook both using MilkSync to sync with RTM, but they do not sync with one another.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
marc.h.berger says:
My question: The Sync on my Blackberry is not working. I have "role call tasks" installed. Is that interferring?
Posted 13 years ago
marc.h.berger,
Would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for BlackBerry issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.