Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Talk Reminders

tzortea says:
Google Talk reminders don't seem to work for me. As I understand it, RTM must first accept an "invite" to chat from me, so I sent one to rtmremind@gmail.com. But still it never seems to work. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Posted at 2:47am on September 9, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for letting us know!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm having the same issue. rtmremind shows up in my "Invited" list on my Blackberry, but it won't send reminders.
Posted 13 years ago
wheretheskygrows says:
I gave up on trying to get IM services to remind me. I've tried Google Talk, Yahoo, and Skype. I don't think it was necessarily an RTM issue. I have an Android phone, so I can run these services and expect to get alerts when an IM comes in. However, I hardly ever got reminders. If my phone was on standby, or if a particular task had an over due instance, I would never get the alert. (Incidentally, reminders on my PC were sporadic, too)

I have since started using Twitter to direct message me when alert is due. This is much better because I get the alert regardless if I am "away" or if the task has any overdue instances. Even better, I can reply to the message and complete the task.

This is what is so great about RTM. There are so many options that, if one thing doesn't work for you, there are a few other ways to make it work!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.