Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Tasks sync

twisted_daemon says:
First of all. I love the RTM Calender functionality available on GCal. Works great.

However now Google has it's own task list functionality that doesn't sync with RTM.

Is there a way to set it up? Or is this featuer on the way?
Posted at 6:54pm on June 22, 2009
lawrence.lanoff says:
totally agree. There is excellence in both, but the must communicate...
Posted 14 years ago
timothyadam says:
I say the main advantage that google tasks has over RTM's view in google calendar is that rather than having to click the checkbox, you can see your tasks for a given day at-a-glance, in line with your appointments and meetings. I'd love to have that functionality with RTM!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Timothyadam - You may wish to tryout the original method of Gcal integration, which gives you some of what you ask for.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm
Posted 14 years ago
max.illis says:
I would also be very interested in this feature
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.bird says:
Since Google has yet to release its Tasks API, there's no way for RTM and Google Tasks to communicate. But I'm confident that once the API is out there, Bob will hook us up.

In the meantime, you can try the aforementioned Gcal integration from ranbarton's post, or this little gem I found today:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/gmail/7777/

Basically, by simply navigating to the URL below, you can use the Gmail RTM gadget from within Google calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/render?gadgeturl=http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/gmail/rtm.xml
Posted 14 years ago
schneitj says:
The Tasks API was just released.

http://code.google.com/apis/tasks/

http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2011/05/getting-organized-with-tasks-api.html
Posted 12 years ago
mbacina says:
So can we look forward to RTM and Google Tasks Syncing?
Posted 12 years ago
spemarx says:
Oh god I hope so.
Posted 12 years ago
mike.bean.heyns says:
Yes please, that would make a world of a difference... especially if it'll be free :(
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Integration by API or simple Google buying RTM ;-)
Posted 12 years ago
mushroom says:
What a good news too see the Google Tasks API coming alive ! I'm sure there is a really great mashup to develop with it !
I would be really happy to be able to sync the two services.
Posted 12 years ago
bvargo says:
yes I agree. can't wait!
Posted 12 years ago
marcus.weller says:
Let's make it happen. Are you listening RTM?
Posted 12 years ago
willz06jw says:
Yes, agreed! Please make this happen!
Posted 12 years ago
serfraedingur says:
I too am anxious for this function. API inter-op is the only missing link for RTM to dominate this niche. Especially for BB users, and Im sure others agree for their device/config. Essential.
Posted 12 years ago
movrev says:
I'd love to see this happen; however, does Google Tasks support all RTM features? It doesn't seem to be able to handle repeating tasks and tags among other things.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
So... 3 months since API has been released. Any news?
Posted 12 years ago
nr1 says:
Please update it, and also: what are your plans regarding Apple iOS reminders integration?
Posted 12 years ago
kerschus says:
This is high on my wish list too - will Bob be able to help us out?
Posted 12 years ago
bsisman says:
I would really love to see this integrated as well.
Posted 12 years ago
kagemaru says:
This is just the feature I've been waiting for. It would allow me to combine all my existing solutions.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
This hasn't come out yet right? I'd like for the CalenGoo iPhone app to display the RTM tasks in the calendar itself (as of now, it doesn't show the tasks themselves in the CalenGoo... not sure if that's a settings issue on my part or if it's that CalenGoo is only able to display the tasks from Google Tasks..."
Posted 12 years ago
jeremyhays says:
So.... what's the word on getting RTM to sync with Google Tasks? I was planning to upgrade to pro in order to set up RTM and Google Tasks as my main system for "Getting Things Done." But I need RTM to sync with Google Tasks. Is that going to happen? Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 this is a feature I really need
Posted 12 years ago
ucdbadboy says:
+1 need it over here too
Posted 12 years ago
thomassteph says:
Without this, this app is useless to me. Is there any plan to do it or are we all just wishing Google would get their head out of the proverbial sand?
Posted 12 years ago
tyler.mills says:
do it!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Really need this feature!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have also emailed them to see if we can get an official response
Posted 12 years ago
gcman105 says:
I would like to be able to sync Google Tasks to RTM too.

There seems to be a lot of interest for this feature.
Posted 12 years ago
tyler.mills says:
I'm almost tempted to use both API's provided by RTM and Google and create my own site :D
Posted 12 years ago
kenjohns says:
yes, this will be essential for me to continue using rtm...i must use google tasks for work, and i cant bother to use them both separately...so rtm must sync with google tasks, or its goodbye rtm for me :(
Posted 12 years ago
chris.alan.myers says:
I've been struggling with a way to simplify my life... I use Gmail to sync my email with Thunderbird on two different computers and my android phone because its a whole lot cheaper than Outlook and has more tools for email than the Gmail site. I use Google Calendars which are fully integrated into Thunderbird to share events and appointments with my android phone and my wife. For tasks, I...?????? I'm stuck. There does not seem to be a full functioning yet reasonably priced email client out there that can sync email, calendars, contacts AND TASKS in a user-friendly way between an Android phone and multiple computers.

I was hoping Thunderbird and RTM could help, but RTM can't see Google Tasks and an administrator has disabled the Remember The Milk extension for Thunderbird.

...a swing and a miss.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
PLEASE hurry up and sync google tasks and RTM!
Posted 12 years ago
starfotograf says:
would like to be able to sync Google Tasks to RTM too.
I love both, and I have so many tasks in google from my email account, and I want to bring them to RTM.
Posted 12 years ago
dscollon says:
C'mon, make it so already ... please.
Posted 12 years ago
anaszui says:
"yes, this will be essential for me to continue using rtm...i must use google tasks for work, and i cant bother to use them both separately...so rtm must sync with google tasks, or its goodbye rtm for me :("

Same here. :/
Posted 12 years ago
ddumont says:
It would be great to have the tasks show up directly into the Native Gmail Tasks. I have some users that use GASMO (Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook) and that syncs with the RTM Tasks with Google Tasks but it requires a computer to be on and sort of removes the "Cloud" which is bad. I vote for having RTM build in an interface to Google Tasks directly.

Thanks
Posted 11 years ago
joncontino says:
Man, this would be so helpful if RTM would just sync with Google Tasks. It would literally make everything a thousand times easier. COME ON GUYS!!!
Posted 11 years ago
mattylight says:
While you are waiting for synchronization, you can use the iCal links in your lists to add them to Google Calendar so that your tasks will display there like gTasks does.

My solution:
- Search for "status:incomplete" in RTM and then make that a "Smart Lists"
- Copy the iCalendar (Events) link and add it to Google Calendar
- Add the RTM Google Calendar App for easy editing (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/googlecalendar/)

Hope this helps some of those out there until this becomes native!
Posted 11 years ago
kevin.herman says:
For what it's worth, I would also love to see a feature that allows RTM to sync with Google tasks!
Posted 11 years ago
brookwarner says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
undergroundtoo says:
+1 ...any development yet? It's been about a year since API release
Posted 11 years ago
undergroundtoo says:
anyhow I'm going with gogtasks
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Syncing with Google tasks would make life so much easier when it comes to using Google Calendar.
Posted 11 years ago
blacktone says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
coda160 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
saylon3007 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
ors.blenessy says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
wayne.thompson says:
yeah dudes. this one's a clincher. no chance I'm redoing all my tasks on a new platform. At least have an import.
Posted 11 years ago
jollibee says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
farris.paul says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
veggyhead says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
eriec.42 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
andrew.parker says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
zeroadhesion says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
yakavetta says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
victor.salles says:
+1 I would like this feature too.
Posted 11 years ago
lujacome says:
When this is going to happen??? Please, I'll go PRO the minute it comes out....
Posted 11 years ago
kinglew says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
cheek says:
I'd love this too, but unfortunately I don't see it happening guys. RTM is a paid service, and syncing with a free service kind of devalues their proposition. In a more direct way, it also subverts their pro- requirement for mobile access.

As a former pro- (now gtasks) user, I also have to say that the standards for a paid service are higher. For me, to trust my data with your service, you have to have both solid official offerings, and great interopability. To RTMs credit, they put a lot of effort into integration offerings and an API, but I never could RTM to work for me as well as the simple gmail + gtasks. Gtasks also has the advantage that it's google, and inherently has lots of integration and third party offerings. I've never enjoyed rtms website; it definitely needs an update, and the apps have taken a long time to get really good.
Posted 11 years ago
mikenying says:
I would become "pro" if I could sync with Google Tasks
Posted 11 years ago
tao.yu says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
hellcatinheels says:

+1
Posted 11 years ago
rtm2 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
anthony.b says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
gyvelvej10 says:
With this RTM will be perfect for my use, as I still like google to be my main data provider. I will return and use RTM then possible.
Put this in the Pro account, and you will get a lot of pro subscriptions
Posted 11 years ago
carsten.paul says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
jerryinocmd says:
I'd become "Pro" too if RTM would syn with Google Tasks...Oh, and the web interface really needs some work. Not a very nice web-experience.
Posted 11 years ago
pcomp says:
i would go pro if RTM synced with google tasks
Posted 11 years ago
danielfitzo says:
Needed!!
Posted 11 years ago
rothgar says:
Another bonus to this is that Google Tasks has good keyboard shortcuts inside the gmail web interface which makes adding/completing tasks really easy. A sync with RTM would be fantastic.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
rolandog says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
ridalma says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
mayowa.olatoye says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
sethflagg says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
razorhack says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
blair.w.morrison says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
cuthik says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
cybrhippy says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
bluetora says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
gnadzon says:
Yeah, we need that sync !
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
rcoilliot says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
mike.cataldo says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
carlson.james says:
+300
Posted 10 years ago
michalwolski says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
goringo_cz says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
energyaz says:
+1 & will pay for the feature
Send email to RTM and create GTask
Posted 10 years ago
erica.ackerman says:
+1 Even if Google Tasks doesn't support every feature of RTM, if it would just create a task with any features gtask supports, that would be great.
Posted 10 years ago
ledhed2222 says:
The reason why this would be great, is that (I believe) it would allow me to add a reminder to an email from Google Inbox (the Gmail replacement) and it would show up in my RTM default list for triage.
Posted 8 years ago
kxra says:
It has been six years. Other apps like Do Now have this integration. Why are we still waiting?
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
impunityjainne says:
I would also like this syncing feature.
Posted 7 years ago
adrian.durlester says:
How about some Google Inbox love?
Posted 7 years ago
frank.karg says:
ditto, it would be good to have some integration between RTM and google inbox. I am getting used to inbox but prefer the functionality of gmail because I can see my calendar and RTM tasks on the same screen.
Posted 7 years ago
j.starke says:
I would also like to see rtm integration with Google tasks and inbox by gmail. It is so much more convenient to add tasks via Google now than by clicking the rtm widget.
Posted 7 years ago
j.starke says:
Please add this.
Posted 7 years ago
richg41 says:
Hard to believe we cant sync with google tasks/inbox
Posted 5 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
This would be very helpful, though, now I'd opt for RTM to have their own Google Workspace Add-on for calendar.
Posted 3 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
10 years and nothing. Not even a response. I think RTM is dying. :(
Posted 2 years ago
cthowes says:
I agree with this, overall. Would be nice to sync with Google Tasks, or at least have RTM become as integrated within Google Workspace as Tasks is. RTM has a better UEx
Posted 1 year ago
hlslaughter says:
I want!
Posted 8 weeks ago