Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task changelog (history of changes to a task)

marianobenitez says:
It would be useful to know when you created a task, when you postponed, or when you did make changes.

This is useful when you don't remember what that errand thing was about. :)

I don't know if RTM keeps history of changes, but it would be useful., Maybe just a RSS with changes.
Posted at 4:11pm on April 8, 2009
sn3akyp3t3 says:
I like this idea. Especially for lists that are shared.

I find the way StackExchange sites do this to be helpful as a comparison. Its good to know the diff of changes someone made to your original. Version history is essential for many reasons and I think it applies here as well. God forbid the cat sleeps on the keyboard when out of the room and manages to log out and close the browser thus removing the undo capability. :)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for this idea. Looking at a task a I postponed a couple times, would help to know when I created it.
Posted 11 years ago
noorkra says:
+1 for this idea. It would be very easy to track common tasks
Posted 11 years ago
carloscadu says:
+1
a) This is handy to follow shared lists or tasks given to others.
b) Along with the log registers/history of changes, to have a notification when new notes / tasks / subtasks are added to shared lists is essential to collaborative work.
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Just linking to other thread, in which was discussed:
"I've tried to set up RTM for a team, and not having both "notifications" and "log/history" features makes RTM quite inefficient to teamwork. If one have 10 tasks, it may be manageable to check each task for changes. But if you have +100 tasks in a shared environment and you don't have means to follow what is going on, it becomes really impossible to have a productive teamwork."
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/20755/
Posted 8 years ago
chauer says:
+1 for this idea.
Posted 7 years ago
ebrahimi.yazdi says:
+1 for this!

Let's say I assigned a subtask to a team member and I need to wait for him to complete that task so I can continue with the work. At the moment my colleagues need to send me a message or a mail whenever they've completed something, otherwise I wouldn't have any idea and time gets lost. This is super counterproductive – if this app features assigning tasks, then the assignee just NEEDS to get notified if this task is marked as 'completed', for me it's just part of it.

I was just bringing a team member to RTM Pro in order to work together as I was swearing on RTM (it otherwise helps me manage my tasks so well) – we are now very disillusioned as this is not working for us at all without notifications :(
Posted 7 years ago
thomas.decker says:
Esspecially the date and time of assignments should be visible
Posted 6 years ago
thomas.decker says:
For me it is important to have a log esp. if a task is assigned to someone
Posted 6 years ago
eoe says:
I would use this as I change a task over time. Right now I use notes, but it'd be nice when, say, I change a tag from #important to #not-important I could attach a note that says "I don't need to do this anymore because I don't visit Antarctica anymore."

Right now I just make a note that would say:
"As of 2024-03-06, I changed from important to not important because blah blah blah."
Posted 3 weeks ago