Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to add multiple tags when using auto-complete in the tags field (currently when you select one tag, it moves to the next field)

shecasx says:
When adding details to a new task, I'm comfortable the keyboard shortcuts and tabbing in the task details. But it's frustrating to add multiple tags to a task and NOT be able to take advantage of the autofill capabilities.

Now, when you start to type in one of your tags, RTM suggests the autofill with the list, tabbing adds that tag, which is great BUT is also moves you down to the location field. So you you to shift-tab to go back up and to add another tag, or type in the full tag initially with commas between tags. You can't utilize the autofill capabilities.

It would be nice if this behavior could be changed so that selecting from the tag autofill list didn't automatically move you to the next field.
Posted at 9:44pm on November 22, 2008
snoopybdr says:
Yes I agree and this function is already there, read my original feature request below.....

My GTD use concept is to use multiple tag so that have a very height search granularity in project (we already use this in outlook etc.... Where we use a lot of category and mix them together). If you go into the task itself, then wen you want to edit the tags, you have a pull down menu that open up and you can then select multiple tag you want to assign and confirm it one time (when you are finished select all the tags you want to assign to the task. This is far more affective then having to press # each time you want to add a multiple tag to the task.You have the script and code there, could you not also add this function directly into the task creation menu. It would be far more affective and time saving for us "ground ponder" as we would not have to press multiple time the # for adding multiple tags to a new task !!!
Posted 7 years ago