Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to set default tags per list

(closed account) says:
I have a few lists that all will have the same core group of tags: Is there a way to add a task and have it auto inherit certain tags?

For example, I have a list for , all of the tasks should get the @internet and @office tags. Some will only have those tags but some other tasks will have other tags. Each time I add a task to the list I would love to not have to type those 2 tags for each item.
Posted at 10:05am on September 29, 2008
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Your newly added tasks will inherit all tags and other meta info in the current smart list but only if the smart list criteria is un-ambiguous. If the criteria is ambiguous all meta info is lost.

In order for this to work you need to avoid OR and NOT in the search.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm not talking about smart lists though. Just regular lists, but it sounds like some here don't use lists at all and only the smart list feature.

I just created a new project list and all of the items had @office and @internet. I just want to be able to set it up so that anytime I add something to that list it automatically adds the @office and @internet tags.

Is this possible.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

"Is this possible": Not that I know. You could duplicate a task with the correct meta info but that's not really elegant.
Posted 15 years ago
drtobiasfunke says:
I have a similar wish. If i could make a list: "office" where all tasks entered there would be tagged @office (and that this list would pop up when I was in fact in the office.)
Posted 12 years ago
_kas says:
I'd like this too. I create lists for projects such as wk-SecretProject, wk-DevProject, wk-Daily, etc and I would like to set those lists to tag a task with #work or @work by default.
Posted 10 years ago
louise.horsfall says:
I have the same wish. I have selected all tasks in a list and added tags to them at the same time but that will only catch me up. I'd still need to do that repeatedly. I think it comes down to how you use it and i am only just getting it back up again after a few years
Posted 5 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I think using a smart list with unambiguous criteria gets you what you want, doesn’t it?
Posted 5 years ago