Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to click a tag in the tag cloud, hold the shift key, then click more tags to append to the search

(closed account) says:
I love the cloud feature, but it can only select a simple filter. What about allowing the shift key to append each cloud click as an "AND" clause in the search box?
Posted at 1:30pm on December 4, 2007
lwallach says:
Good idea but I think in terms of actual development it would be tricky if not impossible. As a web developer, albeit not an expert in javascript and css, I don't think I've ever seen the shift key used in this way to makr things. It would be much easier to have the links themselves when clicked on act as markers. In other words, when you clicked on a link in the tag cloud, instead of creating a smartlist right away, it would create the start of one. There might be a ghosted smartlist of somekind and once you were done choosing the tags, you would hit some icon or whatever to finish the list and make it final.
Posted 16 years ago
bzpilman says:
Oh my god, this is brilliant!

We could have Shift for AND and Ctrl/Alt for OR.
And then click not only tags in the cloud, but smartlists too! It would be THE feature. One can dream..
Posted 16 years ago
graham.reeds says:
It is possible, but as lwallach says, quite tricky. Would be cool feature though.

G.
Posted 16 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Then it would be nice if smartlists could be listed (optionally for each) in the tag cloud.
Having them as tabs (mandatory) must go!
Posted 16 years ago
bzpilman says:
Interesting suggestion, rajjan.

Seeing as the tag cloud, with that little trick, is much more formattabel than the list tabs, maybe it would be better to simply have them listed in the tag cloud and not in the tabs.

You could choose, of course, to display only in tabs, tabs and tag cloud, or just tag cloud.

Two awesome ideas in one thread, it's gonna blow!
Posted 16 years ago
bzpilman says:
Oh my god, these two are a nasty combo beyond limits!

And as lists are already displayed in the tag cloud, I don't see why it wouldn't be a natural inclusion.

RTM taken to the next level:
Having smartlists on the tag cloud AND being able to shift-click the tag cloud for building dynamic search queries AND being able to lock the tag cloud on top of screen.
Posted 16 years ago
sajtbaba says:
This would be the most important improvement for me too. Adding tags to the query without typing.
Posted 10 years ago
sajtbaba says:
This would work efficiently together with another idea: narrowing the tag cloud for the already listed/queried tasks.

See idea: "When in a list, only show the tags used in that list in the tag cloud"
Posted 10 years ago