Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to hide task fields that aren't used

drummergirl says:
If this function exists, please enlighten me as to how to use it, but I would like to see a way to hid certain fields from view. For example, I don't use the location field (just lists and tags) so I would like to be able to remove that from my details and from the page on my iphone. I think it would help reduce screen clutter, leaving only the fields that I need visible. Just a thought.
Posted at 5:31pm on November 17, 2007
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
You can now choose your default fields with the new Remember The Milk.

Just click on the cog icon in the top right, select "Account settings" then "General", then change your preferences under "Default Fields".

Hope this helps, and thanks for everyone's feedback! :)
Posted 7 years ago
jss333 says:
I support this. On the "Settings" screen we would be able to select one of three visibility levels for each field:
* Always visible
* Hidden if empty
* Always hidden

When selecting one or more tasks, the above would be used to decide which fields to show in the task description area. Clicking a discreet icon on that area (maybe something like a double arrow pointing downwards, as you often see when expanding/collapsing panels) would reveal all fields (to allow the user to edit a field that is hidden). Of course, hitting the associated key (as in 'u' for url) would also make the field visible for editing if it is hidden.
Posted 12 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.