Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

BlackBerry app (for OS prior to BlackBerry 10)

brobinson2102 says:
I'm using the free version of RTM because it manages my tasks AND integrates with my Google for Apps calendar. Now, if I only had a BB application, like my Mail by Google, life would be sweet. Heck, I'd pay $$ and upgrade to pro for BB integration.

Anyone else interested?
Posted at 3:49pm on November 13, 2007
Answered
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've just launched Remember The Milk for BlackBerry 10 -- we've been able to bring our Android app to BlackBerry 10, woot!

At this time we don't have any plans to develop for previous BlackBerry OS versions (sorry!).
Posted 10 years ago
roto says:
I am beyond interested...RTM for blackberry...CHANT IT!!!
Posted 16 years ago
sjlieb says:
I'd pay for blackberry sync as well
Posted 16 years ago
gsuhm says:
me too -- a blackberry client like gmail would be the bomb!
Posted 16 years ago
karlberggren says:
Count me in. It would be a big convenience.
Posted 16 years ago
silverkingcobra says:
Love the idea, please do it and then count me in as pro user. Has to work with the Pearl.
Posted 16 years ago
zervin says:
one word...SWEEEETTT
Posted 16 years ago
draccounts says:
all these web 2.0 companies drop the ball when it comes to the blackberry. short and simple. the crowd who uses these tools thinks Microsoft is evil and iphones are for trendy kids.
Posted 16 years ago
msmarcal says:
Count me too as pro user if we have a BlackBerry sync.
Posted 16 years ago
netgifted says:
I have a BB and a Nokia N810 internet Tablet. I would pay to get RTM on any of these devices though I can consult RTM on the Nokia Browser but it is a bit small for my eyes
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
This would be great, beyond great, now think about this Google has released google sync for the blackberry and google calendar, you can jott to google calendar, it would be if we can jott to RTM and a blackberry sync application would be supreme, or a native BB apps, c'mon guys lets make this happen I would happily upgrade to a PRO supported version of this...I'll continue posting more thoughts on my site not to clog up this message board, www.blackberrygtd.com
Posted 16 years ago
will.s.brown says:
i would love a bb app
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Here is the link from my webpage as a reminder for a blackberry aplication, pretty please, for bananas, or money, hah

http://blackberrygtd.com/2007/12/20/remember-the-milk-and-blackberry-task-a-combination-made-in-heaven/
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Do you have paypal to sign up for the PRO version of RTM
Posted 16 years ago
nitin.badjatia says:
+1 on this
Posted 16 years ago
obrienmedia says:
I would pay big for this, especially since Blackberry is so email driven.
Posted 16 years ago
rob.janelle says:
I too will upgrade once Blackberry sync is available
Posted 16 years ago
matthew.j.targarona says:
You'd knock it out of the park with this one...
Posted 16 years ago
jmack says:
I've been asking for this for months now, but no action. Not even a sniff that I can see. It appears that all effort has been on iPhone integration lately. Understandable, but I have a feeling that there may be even more of a BB than iPhone, at least for now. (I'll probably move to iPhone, but not until the second or third generation, when they smooth out the flaws.)

Thanks.

Jim
Posted 16 years ago
flopez8 says:
I am also very interested in BB integration
Posted 16 years ago
jaycary says:
I upgraded because RTM is awesome as-is. A Gmail like app for BB would be phenomenal
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Rtm Bob, we are practically begging you guys would absolutely be on top with this, after all Blackberry is undergoing the BOOM of a lifetime, ATT sold more BB than any other brand, checkout all the BB news at www.worldberry.net its a worldwide revolution, put a price on it.
Posted 16 years ago
raleighretalk says:
I'd gladly pay whatever you want... make it so!
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
A price, well upgrade to the PRO version that's already $25 plus what another $15 for the native bb application.
Posted 16 years ago
ahopki01 says:
I want this app BAD
Posted 16 years ago
mrpixar says:
Add me to the growing list of those DYING for BB support ...CMON! guaranteed pro user if it is released SOON!
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Guys, give some us a signal please
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
now I want to get an itouch after tooling around with i.rememberthemilk.com, I actually loaded Safari for Windows and I'm using this browser for Rtm, I'm jonesing for a blackberry version with the smoothness of this version.
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Whatever you guys do, do include the priority color dots on the blackberry version if you decide to port this over.
Posted 16 years ago
psweetma says:
Another vote for a BB client.
Posted 16 years ago
drewrobb says:
BB support would make RTM absolutely perfect for me.
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Same here, by the way Remember the Milk, I ended up getting an iTouch just to use i.rememberthemilk.com and I'm a loving life but we still need that Blackberry application.
Posted 16 years ago
osagher says:
Ditto for me - Blackberry users tend to be the ones that will use RTM more commonly. It's a match made in heaven.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
yeah, a blackberry app, ideally it should integrate with the native tasks database and calendar if possible and use keyboard shortcuts. i have to say rtm is a great service and with this it would be a total nobrainer on the crackberry
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Wow, I never thought of the Calendar intergration but if you think about it, if you could date task on RTM and you mark the option the blackberry calendars that allows task to show up, it would be there, but imagine an RTM application much like the iphone version, this would be supreme !! :) Bob and Emily from RTM what are your thoughts on this, we'd like to hear something from you all, just to see where we stand. Thanks guys
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
This thought just came to mind; the developers of RTM put a lot thought and created an evolutionizing step in enhancing Rtm to take advantage of Google Gears to provide offline use resolving the issue of not having an internet connection, so ok, this works great; then they decided to create the pro option of iphone support, again a great and wise decision for the the Rtm staff so basically both the aforementioned example are solutions based on either having an internet connection or not, and its the "not" part of the equation that the next developmental decision should be geared towards in my humble opinion and what better example of a platorm that can handle both, having and not having an internet connection than the Blackberry. On the Blackberry, Rtm can be used with or without an internect connection an example could be when one goes to an area that is blocked out or out of reception one stil would have access to Rtm and the next time the Blackberry gets the signal back it would sync with the web-based version much like Google Gears acts giving users of Rtm the best of both worlds. Now wouldn't this be great
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
Talk about multitasking, this morning I did a run on my treadmill while listening to an audiobook, emailing a few task into RTM with my blackberry, then doing a weekly review ala gtd on my iTouch all while exercising for 1hr. pretty cool
Posted 16 years ago
phoebos says:
me too
Posted 16 years ago
slavi says:
Add another blackberry user here!
Posted 16 years ago
ziminvades says:
I would pay for pro if it supported a blackberry sync. I would look into it. There are a group of 150,000 bb owners who would love an app like this. They talk about it in a BlackBerry forum.
Posted 16 years ago
ziminvades says:
I would pay for pro if it supported a blackberry sync. I would look into it. There are a group of 150,000 bb owners who would love an app like this. They talk about it in a BlackBerry forum.
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
For sure, people email me at my blog(www.blackberrygtd.com) all the time about this, some folks kind off expect it or are suprised that Rtm is not out for Blackberry yet, we are hopeful that that the Rtm staff is actively working on this and will surprise very soon.

happy new year everyone
Posted 16 years ago
tina.winslow says:
Saw this forum and the one at Blackberry stackers and thought I would pass on this link I found...

Looks like this guy is going to try and build one...

http://www.davidco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54803
Posted 16 years ago
dmd1272 says:
that's my post, thanks, work in progress
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Another vote for a blackberry app! Would be even better if it worked offline too!

Posted 16 years ago
ergut says:
Count me in.. Great idea.. Offline support is an important one...
Posted 16 years ago
jemerick says:
I am currently working on a BlackBerry application as some of you may know.

You can follow the progress by joining this Google group: http://groups.google.com/group/rtm-on-the-blackberry

and find the website for the project here:
http://code.google.com/p/rtm4bb/

Please do post any suggestions, comments, feature requests to the google group.
Posted 16 years ago
scott.lewis says:
I'll take it too.
Posted 16 years ago
aknappjr says:
I'm very interested also. I'd pay for the service as well ($10 or so).
Posted 16 years ago
eric.winter says:
I would buy it
Posted 16 years ago
eric.winter says:
They are reporting it here: blackberrygtd.com , but it's not working
Posted 16 years ago
mddurda says:
BB truly needs a task/list management software as robust as RTM; nothing even close exists. Put it out there and I would be sold. I'm all for DMD1272's idea of having it sync for on-line and offline use for when you're in those marginal coverage areas.
Posted 16 years ago
kenrohde says:
i want blackberry supoort too please.... would be happy to pay $10+ through donations etc for the upgraded sync
Posted 16 years ago
ellipsiso says:
um.. yes, please?

I would LOVE to have quick access to my RTM tasks right from my BB main screen. The RTM mobile site is a bit cumbersome, even on Opera.
Posted 16 years ago
jhammerb says:
+1 (billion).

has there been any progress here?
Posted 16 years ago
jivemastert says:
Work in progress:
http://groups.google.com/group/rtm-on-the-blackberry?hl=en
Posted 16 years ago
kurtfb says:
as bb users tend to be more business users, I think you would find a huge market willing to pay real $$ for RTM. a sweet task manager on bb is not a vacuum that is going to exist long, then the opportunity for RTM to own this space will be past.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd love to see this feature as well. Nike, just do it!
Posted 15 years ago
roguecode says:
I have to throw my vote on the pile here; I would love to see RTM on my 'berry.
Posted 15 years ago
davethigpen says:
I too will upgrade once Blackberry sync is available. I will even donate to a charity of your choice, RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm chanting...
Posted 15 years ago
ron023 says:
I would pay A LOT of money for it
Posted 15 years ago
jayeshleman says:
so when is it coming... I have a half completed version that is not functional. At least give us the reason it is not on the market yet.
Posted 15 years ago
jemerick says:
@jayeshleman If you are referring to BBRTM, that application is not being developed by RTM themselves. It is being developed by me on the side. School has been taking up quite a bit of my time and I have not had as much time as I would like to work on it. That will be changing this summer once I graduate.

I encourage you to join the Google group here to stay up-to-date on the progress of BBRTM.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Jason
Posted 15 years ago
joshuawagner says:
add another PRO user to the list if you get it going for BBeries!
Posted 15 years ago
matmalone says:
I'd love to see a RTM BB sync as well.
Posted 15 years ago
jbeauvois says:
+1 for me!!
need BB sync
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd 100% go pro if I had a good option to sync to my Blackberry.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I cannot believe that with the huge size of the Blackberry market out there, there isn't already a great client in place for RTM on BB.

The one major weakness of BB continues to be a good ToDo List or Task Manager. Half of corporate North America uses Blackberrys. RTM could develop an outstanding RTM client for BB and charge for it. People would pay! They pay $60 for ToDoMatrix (I did).

The fact that there isn't already a working BB client for RTM is a puzzle to me.
Posted 15 years ago
bokuno says:
I use jott to update RTM from my Blackberry, and I also send email from my Blackberry to RTM. I view tasks on my Blackberry using the mobile web interface. It all kind of works, but I would love to see an integrated RTM app for Blackberrys. I would pay more than $25/year for it.
Posted 15 years ago
scm910 says:
I would also upgrade to RTM Pro for Blackberry sync capability.
Posted 15 years ago
adamkpl says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
deadpenguin says:
I would go pro for RTM on BB.
Posted 15 years ago
djleahy says:
me too
Posted 15 years ago
inboulder says:
bump, if you guys want to get bought by google, this could be a good asset to show you're professionals.
Posted 15 years ago
jefftb says:
I am also interested in this functionality. Preferably similar to the Google Sync for my calendar.
Posted 15 years ago
jemerick says:
There are currently 3 ways to use RTM on your BlackBerry:

1. The mobile site via the BlackBerry browser: http://m.rememberthemilk.com. More info can be found here. This option is free all though is can be a bit slow to navigate.

2: MilkSync which is very similar to Google's Calendar Sync. It will sync your RTM tasks with the BlackBerry's native task manager. This is a RTM Pro feature which requires a pro account. More information can be found here.

3. BBRTM - BBRTM is a 3rd party application that uses the RTM API to access your RTM account. BBRTM is free, however, it is still a work in progress and there is a lot of work left. Even though it is free I still encourage you to get a RTM Pro account to help support RTM. More info on BBRTM can be found here.

(Disclaimer: I am the main developer of BBRTM.)
Posted 15 years ago
kerryrosenhagen says:
I would like to see a blackberry app for RTM. The sync doesn't work for me because I use smart lists (also why BBRTM doesn't work for me). And using the mobile site is hard because the blackberry browser doesn't support using the number keys to navigate. Would love to see an app similar to the iPhone app.
Posted 15 years ago
arwild01 says:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/milksync/
Posted 15 years ago
kerryrosenhagen says:
Arwild01: not sure if your post was in response to mine, but you might try reading my post before you respond. My post indicated that I was interested in a full-fledged RTM app for blackberry, similar to the one available for the iPhone. The native BB task management app is not nearly as functional as RTM (no smartlists, no URLs, poor filtering capabilities, etc), Using MilkSync to sync with the BB app is useless for me, as I use smartlists extensively.

Any chance in getting a real RTM app for Blackberry?
Posted 15 years ago
nickdb says:
Can we please get a comment from RTM on this? Is a BB app being considered, in progress, never going to happen? An official status on this would be helpful for both us and RTM as a company, because without knowing something is in the works or on the radar, I'm going to be putting money into a competitor instead of upgrading to pro.

Milksync just isn't enough to be useful, the BB task list is way too primitive. A lot of people use their BB as their most common interface to their tasks. By having to use the BB task list the usefulness of RTM is gone (and I love RTM!).

I hate to put this in ultimatum-like terms, but because the trials I'm trying are expiring, if I don't hear a response on this I'm going to have to buy something else.
Posted 15 years ago
jonathan.katzman says:
would love native bb app as well. the bb built in task manager is horrible. i used to be a treo user and its task app was great. definitely the biggest loss going from treo->bb. would love to see rtm come to the rescue!
Posted 15 years ago
kerryrosenhagen says:
I am disappointed there has been no response to this thread. There a several pro users participating, asking for a response as to whether RTM has any plan for a true BB application. MilkSync inherently limits functionality to the BB task management application, which means no Smart Lists, tags, etc. User 'jemerick' has developed an early-stage application for the BlackBerry, but it currently also does not support Smart Lists. (I think primarily because there is no API for Smart Lists? Maybe add Smart List methods to your API?)

Anyway, would love to get a reply from RTM on this.

Thank you.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+ 1 here
Posted 15 years ago
ericyber says:
+1 here
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi everyone,

While I can't comment on any future (possible) developments I wanted to let you know that this is among a list of many suggested features that the development team are very much aware of.

When I have news, I will pass it on.
Posted 15 years ago
goblue says:
+1 here as well. I keep waiting, and waiting....it's kind like waiting for google to update grand central.
Posted 14 years ago
casey.lubbers says:
+1 here
Posted 14 years ago
pbeens says:
I am a pro user, and have tried to access my RTM list on Blackberry Storm via the built-in Tasks app. The built in Tasks app is awful, so I then tried Pocket Informant (bought it), which is nicer but doesn't access the full capability of RTM.

Here's my vote (probably again!) for a real RTM app for the Blackberry, especially for the Storm.

Please!
Posted 14 years ago
adammarc says:
Yes, Can I ask for you to PLEASE create an app for the BlackBerry similar to the iPhone app?
Posted 14 years ago
marianobenitez says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
amstel says:
I was indeed going to complain because a BlackBerry app is absolutely necessary. I don't mean MilkSync, which works fine but a full applications as the iPhone has.

I can't understand why developpers rush to develop iPhone apps when there are far more BlackBerry users out there
Posted 14 years ago
kerryrosenhagen says:
"I can't understand why developpers rush to develop iPhone apps when there are far more BlackBerry users out there"

Hear Hear!
Posted 14 years ago
goblue says:
AMEN....Please please please come out with a BB version!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
There are other very good Task Managers for BB. I used TodoMatrix for a long time and love it. I wish there was something similar for the iPhone.
Posted 14 years ago
moffettman says:
Not sure if our voices are being heard or not, but I will add mine to the crowd chanting "native blackberry app please!" I would gladly purchase it.
Posted 14 years ago
shawn.mercer says:
I echo the previous posts, I would pay for a blackberry app in a heartbeat...I live and breathe smartlists.
Posted 14 years ago
frank.beaney says:
+1

The built-in BB Task app is truly dire. RTM is excellent. Your bringing RTM excellence to the BB (esp Bold!) would be very much appreciated.

Please? Pretty please with sugar on it?!!
Posted 14 years ago
aforementionedthoughts says:
This would be wonderful! I hope one is in the works!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Add me to this list! I'd love a BlackBerry, native version.
Posted 14 years ago
arunram says:
One more vote for a BB native app. Unleash the power of RTM on the BB please.
Posted 14 years ago
kunstmusik says:
+1

Yes, please do create a native blackberry application.
Posted 14 years ago
yobink says:
RTM on the blackberry PLEASE
Posted 14 years ago
drunkel says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
mchris2 says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
kysusan says:
Me too!
Posted 14 years ago
binarypower says:
Me s well
Posted 14 years ago
mikejesposito says:
more bb users= more money for you

need the app
Posted 14 years ago
mozami says:
+1here.

Using the milk sync on trial right now and considering going pro once the trial expires, just cant seem to find the right client to use. A native bb app would be ideal!!

Please guys (n gals)....
Posted 14 years ago
almurray says:
+1 native Blackberry app. I use Milksync already, and it is good but Blackberry's own app is nowhere near the functionality that RTM provides.
Posted 14 years ago
nlpearman says:
Adding my voice to the chorus. This should be pretty high on the development team's list...
Posted 14 years ago
amahr says:
+1. Upgraded to Pro today thinking that Milksync WAS a blackberry app... not just a tool to link up with the awful blackberry tool I am trying to replace.
Posted 14 years ago
marianobenitez says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
xfuchsiax says:
+1 Because I want something to replace the horrible native task app
Posted 14 years ago
artem.avdacev says:
+1 for the native BB app, tasks is horrible.

I dont know if this is the place for MilkSync fix suggestions but..
I'd like to voice an opinion on the priority mappings for MilkSync
!1 --> BB's high priority.
!2 --> BB's normal priority.
!3 --> BB's low priority.
!none -> BB's normal priority? <--- this is counter intuitive because it makes all "no priority" tasks float above the priority '3" tasks on the BB tasks list. Could ya fix it?

Please let me know what you think.

Posted 14 years ago
marqpdx says:
hi,
i think there is a big market for this. there are not a lot of good task/list apps for the BB, and it's a huge business community.
+1 on this, for sure.
Posted 14 years ago
david.maciel says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
doug.konkin says:
+1 for a native BB app.
Posted 14 years ago
dmase05 says:
yes BB app would be great, I don't like the BB Task app, so milk sync doesn't do it for me....I'd quickly pay for a BB pro app
Posted 14 years ago
acoldone says:
I would add my vote as well.. The blackberry tasks app is not the best. I also thought the pro version would have a better task application rather than just syncing the existing one. Anyone want to build one with the java api? Hehe. Java mobile ain't my specialty. :)
Posted 14 years ago
mel.lightbody says:
I think I've already voted for this but in case I haven't +1
Posted 14 years ago
gordonswaby says:
Another blackberry user PLEADING for a native blackberry app.
Posted 14 years ago
pawlov says:
I've just downloaded MilkSync... and the native BlackBerry Tasks app REALLY sucks. +1 vote for a native RTM app for the BB!!!
Posted 14 years ago
blakeamick says:
... love RTM but hate the BlackBerry Tasks app. +1 for rtm BB app.
Posted 14 years ago
levine770 says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
tbuegler says:
Count me in...please!
Posted 14 years ago
swiegand says:
+1 for a native Blackberry app
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
The app at http://bbrtm.org is a great native app to see your lists, but it doesn't allow you to add tasks.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
iPhone and Android have thier own Application
Why don't we?
Posted 14 years ago
emerican4832 says:
I think a real RTM app needs to happen. With all the awesome APIs released at BlackBerry Developer Conference 2009 there really is not excuse now. RIM has made it much easier to make functional and good looking apps for BB and the new APIs will allow apps to tie into native applications really easily.
Posted 14 years ago
scm910 says:
+1
A native RTM app on my new BB Storm2 would be sweet!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Please!!
Posted 14 years ago
egglerm says:
I also think a native blackberry app is more then needed. The whole beauty of RTM lies in the lists, tags and locations. Without being able to use these features in the BB task manager, I only have a HUGE list of unsorted tasks. No way this helps in any way.

Please, please, please make an app.
Posted 14 years ago
dhandall says:
I just moved from iPhone to BlackBerry and I miss so much the RTM iPhone app :(

Count me in guys!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Come on RTM how about a BB app. I would pay for this in a second. Without a native blackberry app I might have to start looking for RTM alternatives and that would make me very sad.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM... come on guys.... there's clearly a market here.... RTM Native App for the BB
Posted 14 years ago
greg.huels says:
+1 for native app for BB
Posted 14 years ago
simon.hodkinson says:
+1 for native app for BB. This is a pretty big list already. Would be great app. More business users must use BB over iPhone surely? And who need tasks more but people who use their phone for work.? Please let us know if you are considering an app? Thanks for a great service.
Posted 14 years ago
barkwheats says:
+1 for a native app
Posted 14 years ago
kevinwholland says:
Happy Pro user, using MilkSync, but NEED a native BB app, please! Smartlists and tags are a must. Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
ielliott says:
Lots of Pro users need this... including me. +1
Posted 14 years ago
colbymakowsky says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
angelfelix says:
+1 for native app for BB It is a MUST! Milksync doesn't completely cut it, RTM needs to focus on Blackberry too!
Posted 14 years ago
ale.bor says:
+1 for native app for BB

I've got a BB Storm and even tough BB has many productivity apps (some famous and expensive like ToDO Matrix) RTM is still my best choice for its ease of use, ease of access and functionalities
Posted 14 years ago
mattabad says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
kiwinessie says:
Voting here as well for better RTM on Blackberry!!
Posted 14 years ago
vani says:
+1 for a native BB app.

Love RTM, but like another commenter posted somewhere above, when I moved back to BB from iPhone, I was horrified to find out that MilkSync was NOT a native RTM app. Otherwise-happy Pro user here, but MilkSync is virtually useless without SmartAdd, smart lists and tag support.

What are you guys using in the meantime, btw?

I was using QuickSMS to do SMS > Twitter > RTM, but was blowing through my 200msgs/month. I'm currently adding tasks on my Bold 9700 by Google Talk > tweetswitch > twitter > RTM. But going through twitter makes me nervous! All it takes is one time forgetting to preface your task with "d rtm" and you've just publicly posted your task! :-/

For viewing, BBRTM is barely better than using MilkSync - it takes forever to load, errors out half the time it does, and doesn't show Smart Lists. But I still prefer it over the default Tasks app. Thankfully, I use e-Mobile's Today Pro home screen, and it shows me my upcoming tasks (RTM > MilkSync > native Tasks) in enough of a coherent fashion to complete tasks. But I save my organizing tasks for when I'm back on a desktop, or on my iPod touch.
Posted 14 years ago
12hourhalfday says:
I want a Blackberry app, I would pay an extra $25 a year over my $25 for RTM pro for it.
Posted 14 years ago
frank.vanhoof says:
A have to agree we need a real RTM app for the BlackBerry. The iPhone has one, the Andriod has one, why doesn't the BlackBerry have one?
MilkSync doesn't have enough features to really be useful. There are too many features missing. MilkSync is missing Smart Add, Smart Lists, tags, real search, time estimate and other things. My system is broken. I can understand that these features are not supported by the build in tasks manager in the BlackBerry. In my view that's an even more compelling reason to develop a native version.
Currently I'm a pro user. I don't think Milk Sync is enough to keep me as a pro user when my year runs out. Thank would be unfortunate since I love RTM and would like to continue to use it. As a pro user I am available to Beta test such an app. I'm willing. I just want to see progress towards a real app so I can ditch the work around that we call MilkSync. :)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have to agree with Frank on this one. I am going to let my pro account expire if a better solution isn't coming for the Blackberry. I am very frustrated with the lack of love the Blackberry seems to get from RTM. I love them both and would like to keep using RTM but in the end, I am not ditching my Blackberry.
Posted 14 years ago
nysco says:
I'm in the same boat. as Frank and Jeff. I got the pro to sync with my blackberry, and I'm really disappointed with how it works. Without better BlackBerry support, I don't see a benefit to the Pro account.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1, again. The trial membership taught me that MilkSync isn't worth my $25, but a real app definitely would be. For now, I text a direct message to RTM via twitter in order to add tasks while away from a computer. This method sometimes doesn't work and is always absurd. If I'm somewhere without service (subway, usually) or can't risk my task getting lost in the shuffle, I just add them to my BB's calendar and they never show up on RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
mfubib says:
+1 to a proper BlackBerry app.

Seriously . . . get with it RTM!

I am a pro user and have just paid for another year (even though milksync is a very average solution) partly hoping that RTM will release a proper BB app but also because I think they deserve the $$$ support based on the web interface alone.
Posted 14 years ago
ssgelm says:
+1 for an app. MilkSync actually does a lot of what I need, but it really falls short in managing tasks. I love RTM and am glad I paid for pro to support you guys, but I'd be even MORE happy with a proper app. :) How come the iphone and android phones get all the love?
Posted 13 years ago
ncsuzy says:
ditto for me!

I am another pro user who will not be renewing my pro membership without a native blackberry app in the works. MilkSync? really? the things that make RTM great for me (tags and smartlists) are unsupported by MilkSync. With the second-rate browser on RIM devices, the mobile version of the RTM site is not a viable alternative for me, either.

At this point, I'd rather use a really good blackberry task manager with no web interface than to use a task manager with a really good web interface and no blackberry app. Please, RTM... don't be distracted by that bright and shiny new iPad. Build us a native BB app first.
Posted 13 years ago
dygituljunky says:
I switched from Android to BlackBerry so that I could use BBM with my fiancée and her family. I wore out the keyboard on my BB and switched back to my Android for a week to discover that RTM had come out with a full-fledged Android App. Suddenly, with the Android RTM app, I was full speed ahead with using RTM for my GTD. I realized that BB's native task manager was the very reason that I'd slacked of in my RTMing and why my fiancée never really took to it.

We really, really need a full-fledged RTM application for BB that doesn't depend on the abysmal built-in "task manager" application. This RTM app for BB should be location aware (cell tower and GPS) and have all of the other features of the Android and iPhone RTM apps.

My fiancée & I are both pro users and are most likely to remain so with a full-fledged RTM app for BB.

She's using BB OS 4.5ish and I'm on 5.0, neither one with a touchscreen.

Thanks for an excellent product (but I daresay that with BB and WinMo apps, y'all would be unstoppable).
Posted 13 years ago
dygituljunky says:
I forgot to mention that I have extensive beta-testing experience if you need beta-testers.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
ditto to most of what everyone has been saying on here.

the lack of a blackberry RTM app is THE ONLY THING keeping me from going pro.
Posted 13 years ago
chaselton says:
I'm confused...according to the website there is a Blackberry RTM app, is there not?

I'm a blackberry user and I just signed up out of desperation (need a task manager) because RTM seemed to be the only task manager with a Blackberry mobile app option. If this is not the case, I'll need to look elsewhere...
Posted 13 years ago
artur.krzywanski says:
MilkSync works very well with BB
Posted 13 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Chaselton,

RTM updates and syncs with the Blackberry task application. The feature requests above are often related to the limitations of the bbry task application. Milk Sync will refresh the bbry with data from this site and vice versa, however the app is not as robust as what is available for the iPhone/Android.

You may find it helpful to take a look at the information (esp Q/A) on http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/milksync/blackberry/

Welcome to RTM!
Leah
Posted 13 years ago
ramzo19 says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
caffeineoverload says:
I am loving Milk Sync for my blackberry but I hate that it doesn't support smart lists. Smart Lists are one of the features that sold me on RTM over other apps. I wish there was a more robust app for blackberry like the iphone app or even just similar to the igoogle gadget. If the tasks could show in the native Blackberry Calendar even better.

Personally I use MilkSync to send my RTM tasks to my BB then sync those tasks with SlickTasks. SlickTasks does not have auto sync yet so I manually sync everything. I also loose any lists based on smart tags.

Posted 13 years ago
seaverlink says:
It's about time for a full BB app! Milksync is feeling pretty archaic these days.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I want a full app too, the limitations of MilkSync are painful. I need smart lists and reminders! Location awareness would be a great plus as well.
Posted 13 years ago
kevinwcheng says:
+1
Something like SBSH Calendar Pro or Synching with them would be great!
Posted 13 years ago
ritz.steytler says:
+1 for a BB App!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I also want a native blackberry app! With offline access!
MilkSync is nice, but cumbersome.
Posted 13 years ago
scm910 says:
+1 (again)
I will reinstate my pro account as soon as there is an RTM app for Blackberry. I need to be able to see my smart lists on my mobile device (Blackberry Storm2)!
Posted 13 years ago
rlanger says:
If you would just let BlackBerry users access i.rememberthemilk.com instead of automatically redirecting them to m.rememberthemilk.com, you would instantly make using RTM on the BlackBerry a much more pleasant experience. Recent BlackBerry devices have a webkit browser more powerful and standards compliant than that of the iPhone, so please, please let us put it to use!

If you want to put together something more sophisticated, you migt want to try using the BlackBerry WebWorks development platform. You would likely find it a pretty painless way to put together an application for BlackBerry, as it allows you to develop full-featured BlackBerry applications using standard web technologies, such as JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, etc.

( http://us.blackberry.com/developers/browserdev/opensource.jsp )
Posted 13 years ago
tonytony says:
please, a BB app is needed. Or access to i.rememberthemilk.com, as rlanger just said.
There are tons of BB users who are hard users of task management apps.
Please, give us some feeback on the development of the app (if any).
Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
marianitn says:
Lacking a BB native app is very limiting. BB Tasks app sucks and I can't use the best RTM features (Smart Lists, tags, etc.). I'm setting up a GTD system, but have to use RTM on unintended and ugly ways (include tags in task name, use lists instead of smart lists, etc.).
Anyway, I found BHive Tasks on BB Appworld and it's *much* more friendly than BB Tasks. The most useful features I see:

- It uses BB Tasks db (so it can be used with MilkSync)
- Lists are represented as folders (categories)
- It supports shortcuts!!!
- It has a fast search

I'm thinking on a Pro account, but would definetly pay an iPhone-like RTM app for BB!
Posted 13 years ago
philrushworth says:
Wow. Dropped ball. Sad.
Posted 12 years ago
mltroman says:
I stopped using RTM for a while because there was no BB app. I came back to check on the progress and was disappointed that it was still not available.

The milksynch thing is useless to me because I can't stand using BB tasks.

While there is a decent mobile interface for RTM via the browser, it is too slow.

Puleeeeeze can we have a native RTM BB app? I would happily pay for pro to get it.

Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I left rtm for a year and a half to use TodoMatrix. I want to come back to rtm but I need something better than BBTasks.

I will be testing out integration with Google and synching this with Blackberry.
Posted 12 years ago
alohatl says:
RTM app for blackberry would bring RTM to the business world and open up an entire different continent! Definitely a great idea!!!
Posted 12 years ago
sdenson says:
Signed up for Pro because it said sync with Blackberry. Unfortunately it just uses the internal calendar/to do list on the blackberry. Need a dedicated blackberry app just like those iphone chumps have.
Posted 12 years ago
christopher.selby says:
I am, and have been for many years a big fan of BB (I have a torch just now) - as a relative newcomer to RTM the only service I believe would see every single box ticked would be a BB based app that gave you similar functionality to RTM on line. I would, as a minimum won't the ability to create tasks on my BB and the synch having done so.
Posted 12 years ago
scoriat says:
One more vote... Not everybody will switch to Ipad and many professionnals need RTM on their blackberry beyond the task sync.
Posted 12 years ago
bodolsog says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
aneish.arora says:
great idea... let's make it happen.
Posted 12 years ago
alexbuk says:
Please create a BB app, I use your software on my Android tablet and the app is great. We should have the same for BB !!!
Posted 12 years ago
roduco says:
It seems RTM BB users have been asking/waiting for years for a native RTM BB App. What is the problem here? Can we make a joint GTD Project out of this? What is needed to Get This Done? 1) Ideally an RTM developer. 2) Is $ the problem?
Posted 12 years ago
yuichi.matsumoto says:
extreamly sexy and cool idea!
Posted 11 years ago
jeffrutledge1 says:
Now that BB10 is here, I think this is a must. +2 for me!
Posted 11 years ago
dwhgray says:
The new BB10 definitely needs this app and I would be happy to pay for it..
Posted 11 years ago
libandahir says:
a bb10 app would definitely get me to renew.
Posted 11 years ago
dave.liao says:
Moving to BB10, so very happy to see a BB10 app :)
Posted 10 years ago
dave.liao says:
Thanks for pushing a RTM app for BlackBerry 10, AND keeping it free!
Posted 9 years ago