Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to hide the Sent list

justin.baeder says:
Others have suggested this, but I'd really like to be able to get rid of the Sent list, since I never send tasks to other people. I'd like to get my lists down to one row, but can't do it with Sent in there.

For both Sent and Inbox, it would be nice to have a "hide" or "auto-hide" option so you either don't see them or only see them if they contain something (e.g. Inbox could appear if you emailed or Twittered a task to yourself). Of course, this would need to all be optional, because I know a lot of people would always want them to show up regardless. But it'd be nice to have a choice.
Posted at 4:21am on October 14, 2007
norby says:
My vote!
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Using Firefox and Stylish/GreaseMonkey it possible to hide all your regular lists. The ones you need you could make a simple smart list for. Usually found at userstyles.org, presently unavailable. Look for "smaller tabs, smartlists only"
Posted 15 years ago
esmp says:
Yep -- being able to hide tabs for empty lists (especially Sent, which some users never interact with at all) seems like a natural option!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Love the idea. I never use the sent list
Posted 15 years ago
ahmadt says:
Any think about this idea, I just started using RTM and I already hating the Sent tab because I can't hide it and I'm 100% I will never use it
Posted 15 years ago
ahmadt says:
Vote
Posted 15 years ago
nathan.jamin says:
I just don't understand why this tab is locked... I would like to have the opportunity to not display this tab (and do a search instead for example with "isSent:true" type of search).
Posted 15 years ago
jonjudelson says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
cwo says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
jswadley says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
matonski says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
richlin71 says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
ertb says:
me too, why can't I remove it?
Posted 14 years ago
jds80 says:
yes, that would be a great feature!!
Posted 14 years ago
dyehardz says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
machel says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
jarnik says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
jonjudelson says:
This is essential especially in an GTD type of application, we are trying to eliminate distraction, nice work on the iphone app, looking forward to seeing this, hopefully before I renew my membership at the end of July? =)
Posted 14 years ago
scottgould says:
I agree.

I always "share" my tasks, and then put them in my "Waiting For List".

"Sending" them means I can't edit them anymore, which doesn't work for me.

RTM is an awesome personal tool and I look forward to the collaborative features getting better over time
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
sauce.bs says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
newmilkentry says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
cellosubmarine says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
marianobenitez says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
batman697 says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
spamboy says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
zachf says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
levk says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please implement this, guys. Like others, I'd love to get my lists to one row, and I'm not clear why these two lists are so important as to be locked.
Posted 14 years ago
rlanger says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
justinian3 says:
Yes, PLEASE add this. I *never* send tasks, and hate the Sent tab cluttering my interface. Making it so that any empty list can be auto-hidden, or letting me define 'views' of select lists would be even better.
Posted 14 years ago
rbd says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
nocebicmeme says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Would love to be able to hide the sent list. Thanks.
Posted 13 years ago
cherice says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
samwaz91 says:
Absolutely agree, this would be fantastic.
Posted 13 years ago
mynnx says:
I came to the forums to post just this suggestion. I think that a lot of us RTMers are as OCD as I am, and it bugs me to see an extra list I don't use. It would be nice to be able to hide it.

Keep up the good work!
Posted 13 years ago
jansona says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
batman697 says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
batman697 says:
Whoops...I didn't realize I already posted +1 until I added an image for my alias and saw the picture above! Sorry! Please delete if possible.
Posted 13 years ago
tgl says:
If you are using Firefox as browser you can install Greasemonkey, and download the script A Bit Better RTM. This allows you to hide lists you want.
Posted 13 years ago
davweb says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
ernfors says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
affinityweb says:
+100
Posted 13 years ago
shin.james.j says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
grgvntlnd says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
linyehui says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
jwparkin says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
chance.navarrete says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
lukasz.lew says:
+1
OMG this has 3 years. Why can't we delete / hide or even rename these lists???
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
al_doc says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
klein711 says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
klein711 says:
Oh, and "A Bit Better RTM" is great!
Posted 13 years ago
borovenskis says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
t0ranga says:
+1. The biggest shortcoming of RTM for people with a very large number of tasks/lists is lack of control over how the lists show up -- I'm willing to live with the slightly awkward tabbed views (thanks to the handy keyboard shortcuts), but there are already too many lists to have to get distracted by ones like Send that many people never use.
Posted 13 years ago
kaywebber says:
+1.000.000
Posted 12 years ago
sagv says:
Please, hide the list! It's three years since we asked...
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM helps the attention challenged. Unwanted tabs such as "sent" don't. There must be more subtle, less intrusive ways to remind us about RTM's sharing capabilities.
Posted 12 years ago
jared.hicks says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
mostafa.hajizadeh says:
I don't get it. I know about "network effect" and all, but forcing a special list is a little too aggressive. This annoys some people, and adding an option to hide this list won't hurt others. I'm pretty sure some people use and love this feature, but I've been using RTM for years and never even thought of sending tasks to others.

The point is that RTM doesn't have to force these things to its users. It's a great service and people join and love it because of its greatness.
Posted 12 years ago
amy.gibbs says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
zamboni says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
kevins8 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
mdcnuydt says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
kasuparu says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
jim.horvath says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
basimmousilli says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
nkoder says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
nukecola says:
man. this is still unsolved..
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've tried using Greasemonkey to hide the Sent list as rajjan suggested. This may have worked 4 years ago, but now it's a little bit harder. Selecting a list reloads the data asynchroniously, so the Sent list reappears. You can fix that but listening to any change, but after that the selection of other lists is broken (select list 1 -> list 2 is selected).
A simple "hide sent list" option would be great. After 4 years of requests you should consider it ;)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hear, hear. An option to hide locked lists would be warmly welcomed.
Posted 11 years ago
torsten.karzig says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
daimatz says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
cortalux says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
jserio says:
Should be able to hide any list I want. "Hiding" doesn't have to mean "removing". If RTM "requires" those special tabs (Inbox, Sent) then keep them, but there's no reason to not allow them to be hidden.
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think this idea is basically obsolete now that we can collapse the menu headings in the new interface.
Posted 2 years ago