Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New repeat option: after 0 days (meaning after ZERO days)

jaykaplon says:
I need a option to repeat a task 'after 0 days'. Right now RTM requires a 1 or higher number of days to repeat.

Use case: I want to mark a task as completed and then have that task immediately regenerated as due today so that I can look at the completed task and see when I've done it.

I might complete the task zero times a day, one time a day, or multiple times in a given day. In each case, my Completed tasks should show each completion and the date and time marked complete.

This should work from both the textual quick add and in the repeat generation dialog.

Anyone have a usable workaround for this? (And remembering to duplicate this specific task before I complete it or after I complete it is not a USABLE workaround.)
Posted at 2:22am on May 10, 2022
(closed account) says:
The only thing I can think of is to have the task repeat after one day with a start date of yesterday. Then, when you complete it, it'll immediately reappear with tomorrow's due date, but with the same start date. So you can have it appear on any list that shows tasks that have started. Then, no matter how many times you complete it, it'll still set the next task as due tomorrow (not the next day and then the day after, etc.).

Not exactly what you're after, but you might be able to make it work for you.

Good idea, though.
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
Be sure not to have the Start Date and the Due Date be the same date, because when you complete it, it'll carry the Start Date to tomorrow along with the Due Date and you'll lose it off your Smart List (unless your Smart List is setup to show tasks that start or are due tomorrow).
Posted 1 year ago