Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repetition after never - repeat after never

anna.buhr says:
I have many tasks that are due from time to time, but not regularly (e. g. put toilet paper from the bathroom above to the guests bathroom downstairs and many other little things that should not be forgotten). Fot those tasks I set the due date when it comes to be due (I notice that the last roll of paper is in use) and after completing it I have to set the due date of the repeated task from "tomorrow" to "never" manually (they are repeated after 1 day).
I would propose that there is a repeating option "after never" so that the task is dublicated after completing it with all the properties but with due date "never". (I have much more complex task for which I would use this funcition than toilet paper, with URLs and notes and estimated time and so on)
Posted at 6:58am on April 13, 2021
(closed account) says:
It might be helpful if you create the tasks that you want to reuse (include all the properties and have no repeat), then duplicate that task whenever you need it. From there you can set the due date as you need it.

I keep a list for such templates. When I need one of those tasks, I duplicate it and edit the new version with the List, Due Date, etc. as needed.
Posted 2 years ago
anna.buhr says:
You are right, that would be a possible way, but I can duplicate tasks only in the web or desktop app (which I use very seldom), not in the mobile apps (which I use daily on smartphone and tablet).
Posted 2 years ago
tvjames says:
We have a joke around our house "I guess repeat every never isn't the right cadence for this" when we discover a maintenance item we've never done before but ought to start doing. I could totally appreciate this sort of "duplicate but not due" pattern for completing items, especially if they were also tagged/labelled. Good idea!
Posted 2 years ago
jaykaplon says:
This would be really helpful. I have multiple tasks that have no due date, but which must NOT disappear when I've done them...so I have to remember to NOT complete the task or copy it before I complete it.
Repeat never would handle that need.
Posted 1 year ago