Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add a 'cost' field for tasks

freesia.giedrys says:
I would love to be able to not only schedule task, prioritize them, estimate time to complete, but I would love to add a cost estimator as well.

I have a home renovation business and I would love to be able to budget my task through RTM!!! Then I wouldn't have to duplicate my efforts in excel.

Thanks!
Posted at 5:04pm on July 17, 2007
(closed account) says:
Please include a kitchen sink, as well.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
And a pony, too, please.
Posted 16 years ago
www.richardsprojects.co.uk says:
It seems to me that different people will have a variety of different needs and putting them all in with the pony and the sink might get stupid.

Perhaps instead people could add custom fields to their items in different list. You could choose a field type for it, like number, money, date, weight. Then you could give functionality to add it up.

That could be very flexible and very powerful.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
My smart alec comment was not meant to suggest that a cost estimator was a bad idea - just that it's a very specialized request. Custom fields have been suggested before, and could be useful. In the meantime, you can plug dollar values into the time estimate and then have RTM sum that up for you by list.
Posted 16 years ago
rzrshrp says:
Posting in this almost decade old post to say that a cost or custom field would be nice. The estimate idea is a cool hack but it is a hack.
Posted 7 years ago
poirty says:
Despite the snide downvotes from a decade ago...

I would love a custom field option - or a dedicated cost field (attribute). Any task in any area of life or work has to reflect the 'dimensions' of action - time, place, people and MONEY. This last is an omission from RTM.
Posted 7 months ago