Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Drag and Drop within a Group (when "Group By" is turned on in a custom sort)

rmerkley says:
OVERVIEW
I would love to be able to have my tasks for today be grouped by LIST (like WORK, PERSONAL, etc), then also be able to manually sort the tasks within each group (via Drag and Drop).

MY SETUP
I have a smart list to show me all of the tasks due today. I then have a custom sort to group them by LIST (i.e. I have a group WORK and a group PERSONAL, for example, because those are LISTs that I have). Then my custom sort sorts by priority, then by name within each group.

SUGGESTION:
It would be great to be able to manually sort my task list by dragging and dropping the tasks within each group (which are grouped by LISTs, in this example). Currently, if I turn on "Drag and Drop", it mashes all of my tasks together in one big list, which includes tasks from ALL of my lists that are due that day, without a sense of which task is from which group. There's no ability to group by tasks when Drag and Drop is turned on, and there's no ability to drag and drop when I have a custom sort on (which allows me to "group" my lists).
Posted at 9:39pm on December 12, 2019
(closed account) says:
YES PLEASE!!!!
Another way to say this is - have the ability to GROUP WITHOUT SORTING.
I often want to group tasks - whether by priority, list, tag etc - but would really like to then drag-and-drop within each group.
Posted 3 years ago