Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Customize Tag Colours from Colour Wheel

eoe says:
Although Pro members are able to specify colours for each tag, there is a paltry number to choose from (and they're kind of a weird mishmash rather than say a span of grays, a span of reds, a span of greens).

Why not use existing widgets like jscolor?
Posted at 6:02pm on May 3, 2019
steve23606 says:
Or even custom colours, like gmail
Posted 4 years ago
madguy000 says:
While we are at it, for people who have a boatload of tabs in a single colour, maybe a "recommended colour" to take the pain out of choosing a colour. I think it will save a day or two of work for your users.
Posted 4 years ago
eoe says:
Came here to just say that this was annoying for a second time. And for what it's worth, I realize that my being colourblind probably makes it worse for me than most. So, technically, you should follow government guidlines for accessibility [1] :).

[1] https://www.usability.gov/get-involved/blog/2010/02/color-blindness.html
Posted 3 years ago
eoe says:
Still? Not even a response? :(
Posted 1 year ago
poirty says:
Yeah, I've been using RTM for a few days only, and already fed up with the tiny selection of (and randomly ineffective) colours (colors in USA hahaha).

Apart from a greater choice, the concept of coherent themes would be nice. i.e. designed by someone with esthetic sensibilities - maybe linked to the overall UI colours.

Many apps have an 'accessibility' theme for the eyesight-challenged, aka 'high contrast'.

And a stretch wish would be AI-assigned (understanding that a tag of CRISIS should probably be red or orange, while a tag of 'vacation' might by cyan).
Posted 7 months ago