Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

A notes field, but at project level

jamesbowen says:
Hi, I'm not sure if there's a way to do this that I've missed, but I'd like to have a notes field applicable to projects/lists as well what we currently have for all existing tasks.

It's really handy to have a list of tasks but then have a place to link off to supporting data within one view. Conceptually, it's nice to be able to see all the views for a project, then know where to for all the supporting reference data

It's a simple as adding a a freeform notes/desc field to a project - I can send a screenshot of an existing setup I have with another GTD provider to illustrate if required.

Thanks!
Posted at 10:36pm on March 22, 2019
dbsk says:
This seems most useful to me not so much as a place to store notes, which is almost certainly better done in a different app, but as a place to stick a link to external project resources, eg. file storage, another project management app, project chat, etc.
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
I also would get use out of a list-level notes field.

And, as dbsk described, a list-level attachments link would be nice.

In the meantime, however, for the lists that I use as Projects, I have a "Goal" task which describes the ultimate goal for the project as well as all the notes and attachments in it. It works well.

Something similar could be done for other lists if you want to add notes or attachments at the list level. Perhaps a task named "Use" or something like that, a task that can be used to describe how the list is being used. In that task you can have notes, attachments, etc.
Posted 2 years ago