Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Professional re-branding with a new logo, new name, or new app

agentcunningham says:
I absolutely love RTM and think it's the best task manager on the market. However, I don't think the name of the app or the logo convey the sophistication and capabilities of the app properly. I personally cringe with a little disappointment every time I see the cow. Yes, it's "cute", as is the little milk carton running across the screen at startup, but they both betray the professional quality and superior features of the app. In addition to my personal Pro account, I have a Pro account at work paid by my employer, but I am embarrassed by the name, and try to hide the cow from my coworkers.

I recommend, at minimum, changing the logo, but really think you should consider renaming it as well. Perhaps you could create a second app, mirroring the features but with a professional appearance. You could even create a business app, targeted at corporate users, with some premium features, like customizing the logo and colors, allowing attachments and inline photos in the comments, centralized user management, etc.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

Cheers!

Posted at 8:19pm on August 8, 2017
flashback0 says:
I agree! I had the same feedback. The name and logo are far too casual / simple for the sophistication of the app.
Posted 6 years ago
bbewm says:
I agree... the cow face is cute but unprofessional. It is the one thing that is keeping me from upgrading to pro. The feature set and new UI is fantastic but I cringe at the cow. Just give an option to include or remove the cow.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
I totaly agree, my 13 year son came in the office and saw me at the computer (I was prepareing my day) and he said "Dad, are your playing a game ?"

My sugestion : Rename it RTM
(stands for)
Ready to Move
Right to Manage
Right-to-Match
Remember the Milk
Released To Manufacturing
Representative Town Meeting
Recreation and Tourism Management
Requirements Traceability Matrix
Real Time Modding
Real Time Mode
Recovery Termination Manager
Run Time Module
Response Time Measurement
Real Time Monitor
Run Time Memory
Released to Market
Response Time Monitor
Remote Task Manager
Routing Table Manager
Real-Time Monitor
Running-Time Meter
Requirements Traceability Management
Return to Me
Rolling Twelve Months
Run-Time Manager
Real-Time Meter
Recurring Tasking Matrix
Posted 4 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If the cow bugs you, I am sure this script would be of interest. It’s old and may need updating, but that should be straightforward.

https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/37348
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
The cow and the name does not suit in an office setting. Working from Home-Office may do, but we need something that better than cow and milk. I like the original idea, but given the good features it has, many people will get turned off by these keywords and will go for something that sounds and looks more professional.
Posted 1 year ago