Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Professional re-branding with a new logo, new name, or new app

agentcunningham says:
I absolutely love RTM and think it's the best task manager on the market. However, I don't think the name of the app or the logo convey the sophistication and capabilities of the app properly. I personally cringe with a little disappointment every time I see the cow. Yes, it's "cute", as is the little milk carton running across the screen at startup, but they both betray the professional quality and superior features of the app. In addition to my personal Pro account, I have a Pro account at work paid by my employer, but I am embarrassed by the name, and try to hide the cow from my coworkers.

I recommend, at minimum, changing the logo, but really think you should consider renaming it as well. Perhaps you could create a second app, mirroring the features but with a professional appearance. You could even create a business app, targeted at corporate users, with some premium features, like customizing the logo and colors, allowing attachments and inline photos in the comments, centralized user management, etc.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

Cheers!

Posted at 8:19pm on August 8, 2017
flashback0 says:
I agree! I had the same feedback. The name and logo are far too casual / simple for the sophistication of the app.
Posted 12 weeks ago