Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New RTM integration based on Gmail Add-on Platform

bruzzi says:
With the announcement of Gmail's new Add-on Platform (https://blog.google/products/g-suite/powering-enterprise-productivity-and-secure-collaboration-major-updates-g-suite/), I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see an updated Gmail Add-on for Remember the Milk to allow easy transfer of emails to todo items.
Posted at 4:51pm on June 7, 2017
peter.smulders says:
Yes -- this would be a killer app, especially since both Keep and Taks (the only Google attempts at task management) are , well, severely limited in their capabilities.

With one-time authentication, we could have:
* Ability to create tasks from emails
* Link the email
* Link any attached Drive files
* Show normal and smart lists.
* A Smart Add capable entry box.
* On par functionality on mobile platforms.
Posted 5 years ago
balaji.pasumarthy says:
Any update on this? The Chrome extension keeps breaking down.
Posted 5 years ago
peter.smulders says:
GMail add-on works like a charm. The one thing I miss (and it seems the ingredients are available) is a task entry box that is Smart Add capable. Least viable product would be a box somewhere in the UI (I understand you are bound to the right hand vertical area) where I can just type in the task, for it to get parsed on the server end. Notable difference from what the add-on already does is that it not be linked to any e-mail or more to the point that it is available in the e-mail list view, rather than only in the mail view.

Working up from that:
1) Smart Add feedback, like the desktop and web app do, when entering elements of the task.
2) Hotkey hook, to activate the UI and position cursor

Please? :)
Posted 4 years ago