Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show start date in task list

gioele says:
If a start date is set, it should be shown in the task list.

This is similar to how due dates work: if a due date is set on task is will shown near the task name when the task name is listed.

A possible format, to avoid any confusion with the due date, is "starts in 2 days"/"started 3 days ago" or simply "in 2 days"/"3 days ago".
Posted at 1:52pm on February 21, 2017
rachelairmetsmith says:
Yes, this.
Posted 5 years ago
dicksrtm1024 says:
One aspect of a task list is a view into my future time commitments. Knowing when a task needs to start can be just as important as knowing when it is due. So, Start Dates should be available on the Task List.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, I agree with this totally. That's why you put in start dates. You need a reminder in the daily listing that you should be starting a particular task on that date, and then a continued reminder on each day until the due date is reached.
Posted 4 years ago
rdelladonna says:
Please do this. I have missed so many things in my "Today" "Tomorrow" and "This week" views because it took me a while to realize only due dates went in here. It is often more important when I need to Start a task. If I don't start it on time then I definitely won't finish it by the date I need to.
Yes, I know I can make a separate smart list, but that's fiddly and a second list to look at when planning today, tomorrow, or looking ahead for the week. Perhaps users can have the option to turn on or off showing tasks with start dates that fit the "today" "tomorrow" and "this week" criteria.
Posted 4 years ago
wayne.turetzky says:
+1 Please add this so Remember The Milk can be fully in alignment with Michael Linenberger's Manage Your Now.
Posted 3 years ago
pskarbon says:
absolulutely, for myn as above, also color coding would help it, red currently for due, blue in use for today, how about green for start date?
Posted 3 years ago
xdhmoore says:
I've been using a GTD-style "Tickler" list where the due dates are set to times when I want to revisit the item. But setting the start date for those items would be more natural. For example. If I have a tickler item to get a bday present for my dad every year for his Feb 22 birthday, I currently set the due date to Feb 1 and add in the notes that the real due date should be changed to Feb 22 when I revisit. It would be nice if I could just set the start date to Feb 1 and the due date to Feb 22 from the start. But for the tickler list to work, it is easiest if I can see all the tickler revisit dates on the list itself, which is currently just due dates, not start dates.
Posted 3 years ago
dicksrtm1024 says:
Showing Start dates is such a simple development task I would have expected it by now.
RTM has so many great features, yet it refuses to make the simple changes that would raise the status of RTM to a GREAT app.
Posted 1 year ago