Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add tasks to top of list

(closed account) says:
When I add a task it goes to the bottom of the list. I would like to have the option of adding it to the top of the list. This applies to all platforms.
Posted at 7:22pm on February 6, 2017
(closed account) says:
Please vote for this feature and save time dragging your task all the way to the top of a long list each time you add a task that you want to appear at/near the top.
Posted 7 years ago
xtoq says:
I agree that it's not a great experience to not have an option. You can set up some custom sorting that reverse sorts the list by date added, but that's simply a workaround.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks. How do you add custom sorting and do you need to turn off drag and drop to do that?
Come on people, vote for the this feature!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please vote for this feature and save time dragging your task all the way to the top of a long list each time you add a task that you want to appear at/near the top.
Posted 6 years ago
mikedoeslife says:
Argh, I badly want this. Please RTM, please!
Posted 6 years ago
dirknl says:
I cannot believe that the default is to move a task to bottom! There shouldn't even need to be an option for this, default should be for task to go to top! In any case, we absolutely need an option to add new task to top yes. This is a critical option for my workflow.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
I totally agree! Please RTM. Listen to your users of over 10 years! At least make this an option. Please people, place your vote.
Posted 6 years ago
gsclark says:
The lack of this feature is driving me mad! Why on earth is the default to add at the bottom?!
Posted 6 years ago
floodmeadows says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please RTM. Many responses so far.
Posted 6 years ago
wkoszek says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
zygmunt.wysocki says:
I've just realised that this is still an issue. With most todo apps you can choose whether the tasks go to the top or the bottom of the list. This is really annoying. :/
Posted 5 years ago
zygmunt.wysocki says:
I also noticed that you can change this by changing the sorting of the tasks to date added. Workaround
Posted 5 years ago
sharrell32 says:
Upvoted!
Posted 5 years ago
svorge says:
Please
Posted 5 years ago
chimerico says:
I use Drag & Drop sorting, and I constantly have to add a new task to the current list, scroll to the bottom, drag it up to the top, then I can move it to a different day so it doesn't end up being on the bottom when the day the task is scheduled for comes.
Posted 5 years ago
mjmaguire says:
Would love this - thanks!
Posted 5 years ago
mark.white says:
The one drawback to an otherwise beautiful product.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Any update on this?
Posted 5 years ago
hightime says:
Me too. I'm coming from Wunderlist, where this is a standard option. I work in drag and drop mode and it's important to my workflow to have new tasks at the top, so I'm having to drag every single new task to the top. Will seriously consider other alternatives to Wunderlist if this isn't fixed soon.
Posted 5 years ago
bunbear says:
Would really like this feature as well. I keep coming back to this post hoping that it got fixed.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Me too
Posted 5 years ago
cameron.stanford says:
Yes please
Posted 5 years ago
carlospaulojr says:
👍
Posted 5 years ago
fijistudios says:
switched from Wunderlist to RTM and now because of this ... switching back :(
Posted 5 years ago
s_wool says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
jellero says:
+1 because this annoys me
Posted 5 years ago
diveonfive says:
I agree. I have used a number of to do apps and this is the first one that does not have an option to add tasks at the top. You can but then you lose drag and drop so you cannot prioritize your tasks. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
Posted 5 years ago
diveonfive says:
Dear Remember the Milk, are you working on this?
Posted 5 years ago
pxk161 says:
I echo everyone else's comments. Please fix this.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can someone from RTM let us know if there are plans to work on this?
Posted 5 years ago
joelatchaw says:
I agree. This is an issue vs. other todo softwares.
Posted 5 years ago
gavpreece says:
I agree completely with this! So frustrating having to drag tasks all the way to the top everytime!
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can we have an update on this, RTM?
Posted 4 years ago
santisg says:
I'd love to having this feature.
Posted 4 years ago
szkorbut says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
gthomps1 says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
bdge says:
This is driving me insane also. Given it's not even a difficult thing to implement, I'm surprised and disappointed that it's still not even being considered. It may become a showstopper for me before long.
Posted 4 years ago
worldcupdanb says:
Such a basic thing and such a pain. Get it sorted
Posted 4 years ago
gavpreece says:
Can't believe this still isn't added.
Switching away from RTM now before auto-renewal
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
Come on, RTM. You can do it!
Posted 4 years ago
cippoboy says:
I bet moving the last item to the first place is the single most common user action request of all, by a long way.
It's incredible that they didn't notice it, even if they don't want to read their own "ideas" section.
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
Any comment from RTM?
Posted 4 years ago
frank.beaney says:
+1 please
Posted 4 years ago
mikelinen2 says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
travispz says:
Sigh, oh no! I'm coming from Wunderlist. Almost stopped at Todoist, but it had no add-to-top feature. RTM seems great in all respects except this. Yeah, I've got a lot of items in my Inbox. And I want to sort by drag-and-drop. And... I want new items to start at the top. Dragging items from the bottom is probably going to be a no-go and force me away from RTM. I guess they don't care to offer this as a feature since it has been requested for years.
Posted 3 years ago
catq says:
Same as above ^ New items to bottom instead of top is not logical. Came from wunderlist and am baffled by this obvious flaw. Why no remedy after all these comments??
Posted 3 years ago
dave.liao says:
Same as these recent users. Microsoft To-Do (all versions) just came out with a toggle in their preferences for users to choose whether to add tasks to the bottom or top of lists. Would love this!

+1
Posted 3 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
Yes, this very necessary for drag and drop lists!
Posted 3 years ago
stevenfischerwi says:
Add my voice to the din. I’m coming from Things 3 on Mac and the friction this is causing me is extreme. Just give us the option!
Posted 3 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
I hope a lot of people from wunderlist come over cause that will help blow this request up. The problem is it's such a basic--almost 'mundane'--feature that it does not get a lot of attention.
Posted 3 years ago
btarney says:
I wish I had this feature as well. Quite often when I am adding tasks, initially, I would want them to go to the bottom since I have a vague idea of what I need to do. After an initial list, however, I am often adding tasks which need to be done sooner than later, meaning I wish they could go at the top. Also, quite frankly, when you have many items in a list you can't see/review the items you add if they go to the bottom leaving uncertainty regarding the tasks entered
Posted 3 years ago
fischerlees says:
RTM, why can't you just have 'position' as a field that can be keyed in on task entry through keyboard shortcuts? Clearly you have some concept of position with drag and drop lists. Let's assume % was the position shortcut key. If I could just type "lorem ipsum %1" and the task ended up in position 1, problem solved
Posted 3 years ago
alan.fitzgerald says:
Upvoted. Amazed this has been lingering for 3 years. Long enough for the reporter to find an alternative it looks like...ug.
Posted 3 years ago
dave.liao says:
RTM team, this would be an super duper awesome quality of life improvement. 🙏

Heh, I know I already posted in this thread before...
Posted 2 years ago
maharg101 says:
Dear RTM,

Please add this issue to your TODO list.

Ideally at the _top_.

Many thanks for an otherwise great product.
Posted 2 years ago
dproulx2191 says:
This would be a really nice feature to have.
Posted 2 years ago
milking100 says:
+1
Posted 2 years ago
drjohnrubio says:
I hate to admit that lists get away from me and get long - and I will admit I love drag and drop - but I agree - and it's disappointing to see a feature request approaching 4 years without even a response - i would like the "option" or even the default to be new tasks (even while I am using drag and drop) to PLEASE go to the top of the list!!
Posted 2 years ago
srobb says:
Adding to this -- I want the choice to add a new task to the top of a list of a drag and drop order -- often I'm adding something urgent and I don't want it to get lost at the bottom of the list.
Posted 2 years ago
roelatmac says:
Agree! Add new tasks to the top!
Posted 1 year ago
bfutterk says:
There's now a feature to sort tasks by last date added on the computer, but not on the mobile app. Please add that feature to put new tasks on top in the mobile app as well!
Posted 1 year ago
bfutterk says:
Actually that feature is only for paid accounts... would be great if you could make it available to the free account as well..
Posted 1 year ago
bfutterk says:
Nevermind that’s not true. It only allows you to put the list in order from latest date added, but you can’t drag and drop any of the tasks. We just want a way to keep the drag and drop format, but allow for new tasks to be added to the top so we don’t have to scroll to the bottom of the list every time. Please!!
Posted 1 year ago
braindon says:
Yeah, this was the first thing that bothered me. I think they're sending it to the development team for review, which would be awesome! I'm surprised this issue has been around this long. I could even fix it for them for free.
Posted 6 weeks ago