Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add tasks to top of list

ryan.behrman says:
When I add a task it goes to the bottom of the list. I would like to have the option of adding it to the top of the list. This applies to all platforms.
Posted at 7:22pm on February 6, 2017
ryan.behrman says:
Please vote for this feature and save time dragging your task all the way to the top of a long list each time you add a task that you want to appear at/near the top.
Posted 1 year ago
xtoq says:
I agree that it's not a great experience to not have an option. You can set up some custom sorting that reverse sorts the list by date added, but that's simply a workaround.
Posted 1 year ago
ryan.behrman says:
Thanks. How do you add custom sorting and do you need to turn off drag and drop to do that?
Come on people, vote for the this feature!
Posted 1 year ago
ryan.behrman says:
Please vote for this feature and save time dragging your task all the way to the top of a long list each time you add a task that you want to appear at/near the top.
Posted 1 year ago
mikedoeslife says:
Argh, I badly want this. Please RTM, please!
Posted 1 year ago
dirknl says:
I cannot believe that the default is to move a task to bottom! There shouldn't even need to be an option for this, default should be for task to go to top! In any case, we absolutely need an option to add new task to top yes. This is a critical option for my workflow.
Posted 1 year ago
ryan.behrman says:
I totally agree! Please RTM. Listen to your users of over 10 years! At least make this an option. Please people, place your vote.
Posted 1 year ago
gsclark says:
The lack of this feature is driving me mad! Why on earth is the default to add at the bottom?!
Posted 10 months ago
floodmeadows says:
+1
Posted 10 months ago
ryan.behrman says:
Please RTM. Many responses so far.
Posted 10 months ago
wkoszek says:
+1
Posted 8 months ago
zygmunt.wysocki says:
I've just realised that this is still an issue. With most todo apps you can choose whether the tasks go to the top or the bottom of the list. This is really annoying. :/
Posted 6 months ago
zygmunt.wysocki says:
I also noticed that you can change this by changing the sorting of the tasks to date added. Workaround
Posted 6 months ago
sharrell32 says:
Upvoted!
Posted 6 months ago
svorge says:
Please
Posted 4 months ago
chimerico says:
I use Drag & Drop sorting, and I constantly have to add a new task to the current list, scroll to the bottom, drag it up to the top, then I can move it to a different day so it doesn't end up being on the bottom when the day the task is scheduled for comes.
Posted 4 months ago
mjmaguire says:
Would love this - thanks!
Posted 15 weeks ago
mark.white says:
The one drawback to an otherwise beautiful product.
Posted 13 weeks ago
ryan.behrman says:
Any update on this?
Posted 13 weeks ago
hightime says:
Me too. I'm coming from Wunderlist, where this is a standard option. I work in drag and drop mode and it's important to my workflow to have new tasks at the top, so I'm having to drag every single new task to the top. Will seriously consider other alternatives to Wunderlist if this isn't fixed soon.
Posted 12 weeks ago
bunbear says:
Would really like this feature as well. I keep coming back to this post hoping that it got fixed.
Posted 11 weeks ago
ryan.behrman says:
Me too
Posted 10 weeks ago
cameron.stanford says:
Yes please
Posted 10 weeks ago
carlospaulojr says:
👍
Posted 7 weeks ago
fijistudios says:
switched from Wunderlist to RTM and now because of this ... switching back :(
Posted 5 weeks ago
s_wool says:
+1
Posted 5 weeks ago
jellero says:
+1 because this annoys me
Posted 5 weeks ago
diveonfive says:
I agree. I have used a number of to do apps and this is the first one that does not have an option to add tasks at the top. You can but then you lose drag and drop so you cannot prioritize your tasks. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
Posted 11 days ago
diveonfive says:
Dear Remember the Milk, are you working on this?
Posted 5 days ago
pxk161 says:
I echo everyone else's comments. Please fix this.
Posted 3 days ago