Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard shortcuts for drag and drop manual sort

bgoler says:
I'd like to be able to use my keyboard to manually sort lists. Using the mouse to drag and drop tasks frequently results in tasks mistakenly being dropped into other tasks where they become sub-tasks. I'd rather be able to select a task and then use the up/down arrow keys to move the task up or down. I recommend a "keyboard shortcut sort mode" - up/down-arrow to move a task up/down the list and right/left-arrow to make the task a sub-task or to move a sub-task back to the main level.
Posted at 12:09am on January 19, 2017
mikerobinsonhk says:
It'd be great to have an option that would open up all major functions to hotkeys. Power users could customize their workflow, and regular users would have the simple options.

MS Word does this pretty well. Same for Cinema 4D (a 3D animation/CGI app with a gigantic tool set.
Posted 6 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
Yeah, I really need a keyboard shortcut for reordering lists. I think it would be better to modify the j/k keys with ctr, shift or something since, presumably, your fingers are already on those keys to navigate the list.
Posted 3 years ago
aaron.boydston says:
duplicate idea:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/22391/
Posted 3 years ago
taras.di says:
Yes please! I always accidentally make the task a subtask rather than re-ordering it.. very annoying!
Posted 2 years ago