Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Postpone start dates

(closed account) says:
Hello,
Now that we have start dates, could we also choose to postpone the start date rather than the due date using the menu?
On certain personal setups, start dates are far more used than due dates, and the ability to quickly postpone or bulk postpone start dates would be a plus.
Posted at 11:17am on October 27, 2016
maciek.ziernicki says:
I would add: I often want to postpone both. I have tasks that I want to "consider" in the future. So, I need to move both dates so that SmartLists work properly. I suggest this implementation:

Only due date present: no change to existing functionality

Only a start date present: eliminate existing approach that puts in a due date; instead, postpone the start date

Both start and due dates present: expand a sub-menu to the right, with options to postpone due date, start date, or both.
Posted 7 years ago
maciek.ziernicki says:
I forgot to add another reason this would be helpful. Since I often postpone tasks from a smartlist, changing the start date or due date immediately causes the task to disappear from the list. So, what I have to now do instead when I want to change both dates:

1. Postpone the due date or edit the start date.
2. Search for the task, since it has disappeared from the list.
3. Edit the other date.
4. Go back to my SmartList.

This is quite tedious.
Posted 7 years ago
kakaxa says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
pablolopeztorres says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
bluecoqui says:
The way I use RTM means I postpone task a lot, but I started using start date instead of due date; So I can leave the due date for hard deadlines. I used to use Shift + P a lot. It would be incredibly helpful to have a similar shortcut for Start Dates, instead of having to use Bulk Edit.
Posted 6 years ago
maklipsa says:
Would be really useful for me also.
Posted 5 years ago
operso says:
+1000
Posted 5 years ago
mesmes says:
+1000 :)
Posted 5 years ago
mesmes says:
Postponing the start date of the tasks with no due date would be really useful for those soft-repeating regular tasks which are nice to have, but not strictly to do. Like cleaning the windows, or sorting out clothes and such.
Posted 5 years ago
bugsie says:
Gets my vote! Ever since Start Date was introduced I've wanted to adopt them more fully but find myself stuck with using Due Dates as Start Dates because of the lack of functionality - in particular being able to (easily) postpone when I will start a task but also not being able to set a default Start Date either. I like the fact that Start Dates are also treated as the start of the day (vs Due Dates being end of day) when it comes to ordering tasks (i.e. I see all those I can do any time today ahead of those with times). Also, all tasks with a start date of today or earlier should be grouped as "Today" when grouping by date.
Posted 4 years ago
brucknerj says:
Yes, please - that would eliminate a lot of work-arounds with tags and smartlists
Posted 3 years ago
pskarbon says:
yes start date postpone
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
👍 Default Start Date
👍 Start Date postpone automatically

MYN System 😊

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Posted 3 years ago
druggiero11 says:
+1
Posted 2 years ago
evinstk says:
+1 to start date postpone or shortcut that doesn't rely on bulk update in web app. Would also appreciate an "Edit start date" option for bulk options on mobile.
Posted 2 years ago
mesmes says:
+1000 :) (maciek.ziernicki and evinstk)
Posted 2 years ago
mirthless29 says:
+1000 for me too!!!
Posted 1 year ago