Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to hide tasks with a start date in the future.

petejdc says:
I often use start dates to 'incubate' tasks which I can't begin until a certain date/time has passed. However at the moment when I am reviewing lists my 'future tasks' which I cannot currently action are cluttering up my assessment of things I currently can action. Is there any chance we could have an option for each list to toggle hiding tasks which have a start date/time which is in the future?
Posted at 10:05am on August 9, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi petejdc,
Thanks for your suggestion! We don't offer an option for this currently but you could achieve this by using a Smart List to filter out "unstarted" tasks in this way.

You could try something like the following:

list:Personal AND NOT startAfter:today

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
pawelkaleta says:
Hi, I know it's an old post but I'm not sorry ;)

I wonder why there is the room in the UI for the "postpone (+)" button which I doubt is being used often but there is no room for "Hide future task" option applicable for the view "just like that". I know SmartLists can be used but if so many people operate on StartDates and are being forced to hide them in each SmartList they use one by one, wouldn't be good idea to add small button instead to allow quick toggle of the view?
Posted 4 years ago
pskarbon says:
yes to hiding start dates
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think Smart Lists are perfect for this. Smart Lists allow you to see exactly what you want to see in a list based on a TON of different criteria. The Smart List is a super powerful tool that, in my opinion, makes RTM the very best such app in existence. Use it a couple times and I'm sure you'll agree.
Posted 2 years ago
jacobgraf says:
This is a non-starter for me. Need a toggle for future start date tasks. Not messing around with Smart Lists for this basic functionality.
Posted 1 year ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
While you wait for this feature, smart lists will solve this so terribly quickly. I’d rather see the developers tackle something that isn’t so easily accomplished with existing tools.
Posted 1 year ago