Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add Folders to group multiple lists

nickgio says:
I want to be able to add multiple lists to a Folder.

I use RTM for Work & Home, so while tags are helpful in organizing certain things, I would like the option to group multiple lists into a 'folder' for a particular group.

I.e., my work Folder would include 'To-Do', 'Ideas', etc.

Either that, or a quick switcher where I could integrate multiple accounts into one Mac app.
Posted at 4:18pm on July 1, 2016
jitsunet says:
Agreed!

It would be great to be able to organize Lists, Smart Lists, Tags, and Locations in a manner similar to a hierarchical tree-style list: with separators and collapsible folders.
Posted 7 years ago
mdewright says:
Yes, agreed! I also use mine for work and home, and it would be nice to be able to keep my home folders hidden and together when I'm at work and vice-versa.
Posted 6 years ago
ramane.altair says:
upvote this! folder to grup list just like wunderlist.
Posted 6 years ago
inky1216 says:
Please please please add this! I'm looking for something to replace Wunderlist before it disappears and this is the only thing holding me back on this app. I have a LOT of lists and need a better way to group them. For instance, I have a few different packing lists depending on where I'm traveling. I would like to be able to have these together and not just mixed in with everything else. If I add the tag "travel" to all the items, I just get "toothbrush" showing up 6 times.
Posted 6 years ago
christopher.wagner.235 says:
I could not agree more. It would be tremendously useful to have folders and even possibly sub-folders. I have a varity of areas of responsibility at work. It would be great to have a folder for each of these areas with tasks, and then (where needed) sub-tasks that would correspond to single action lists.
Posted 5 years ago
henry.alpert says:
+1 to this idea.
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
Folders would be super useful...Areas of focus would just make everything so much easier
Posted 4 years ago
gthomps1 says:
+1 - probably the only thing that i am missing when comparing to other Task apps
Posted 4 years ago
milindbhavsar says:
I am Not Using RTM and Using other apps just becuase RTM doesn't have Folder and sub folder

it will be really Gr8 if RTM team can come up with Folders it will be really top notch app
Posted 4 years ago
titusbuckworth says:
PLEASE add this! this is the only thing preventing me buying the pro version
Posted 4 years ago
kubamiszcz says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
rtmpat says:
PLEASE add folders - collapsible
Posted 3 years ago
idheath says:
I just came from TickTick which is a competing service. They don't have any email daily digest so that's why I left them. But they do have a hierarchy in their Lists which I am already really missing in RTM :-(
Posted 3 years ago
clarinrem says:
+ 1
Posted 3 years ago
falco.paul says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
sbelkin1 says:
Agree. this conversation was started way back and should be at the top of the list for productivity!
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can't you create a Smart List that includes all of the tasks you want in this or that context, then do an advanced sort and group by List? Wouldn't that give you the same thing?
Posted 2 years ago
chioxi says:
RTM is fantastic, the same could be obtained a similar result with the current functions, but the fact of being able to group the lists in folders (and already put in subfolders) would greatly facilitate the ordering of our lists in a simple way, without having to perform flourishes to achieve a similar result with labels, and so on.
Posted 2 years ago
clasimon says:
Great idea.
Posted 2 years ago