Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Nest tags

(closed account) says:
I'd like the ability to create nested tags, allowing tags to be grouped into categories.

For example, I'd like to create a tags for each person I work with to keep track of who is involved in a particular task (but not necessarily assigned a task). This would allow me to quickly select that person's tags when we meet.

I don't want these tags overlapping other tags, so I would group them, say under a "people" tag, or a team.

When a tag with sub-tags is selected in the left nav, I would like to see all the items with that tag as well as those tagged with it's sub-tags.
Posted at 5:38pm on April 11, 2016
snoopybdr says:
proposed exactly the same. This would be a great operation increase in the field
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Sweet idea! Though, for me, a grouping of tags wouldn't itself need to be another tag; it could be like a folder.
Posted 7 years ago
raceproffitt says:
I am asking for this feature as well. A folder to group tags would make it much easier to mange and find tags.
Posted 6 years ago
gstoel says:
here also expected to be very helpful
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
Another upvote for this feature.
Posted 4 years ago
milindbhavsar says:
Yes Surely Looking for this feature, it makes senses to have Folders or Nested Tag for better organization
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have the same requirement as the OP for ‘people’. I added an upvote for this a year ago — @TeamRTM: any update? :) — but in the meantime, specifically for people, I’m now prepending tag names with @ (so, @anne, @james etc.). That way they sort neatly and are easy to pull up in autocomplete when creating or amending a task.

(I don’t use locations very much, so the potential risk of typing @anne instead of #@anne doesn’t matter… if it does for you, though, then you can always use another character. 1anne works quite well (short for 1:1), for example.).
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have done something very similar to ahindle (naming tags as category by using a special symbol that doesn't get in the way of other features.

But I do like the idea of allowing for folders for tags to accomplish this.
Posted 2 years ago