Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Customizable printing (add tags, colored priority, etc)

aranel616 says:
Printing in RTM is very limited right now. There are a dozen things people are wanting from printing, and the logical solution is to provide more options for the print screen. Personally, I would love to have tags in the print view, as well as colored priorities. Some other people might want to print notes with their tasks, or perhaps the location, time estimate, or url.

Give users the option to print the data about tasks that they want.

P.S., Everybody vote for this one. There are too many small print features suggested here, and I think we can all agree we might like having options better than having any of those features force on us. Let everybody print what they want!
Posted at 4:50pm on May 18, 2011
(closed account) says:
I like this idea as well. There are times I want just a simple list (as is currently available). Other times, I want my notes included.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1, and the possibility to change the RTM logo on the print for a custom logo.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Do you know Greasemonkey? There's a very nice script at https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124116 which does the stuff you (and I) want, even printing tags and due dates :-)
Posted 12 years ago
erincassell says:
I would love the ability to customize my print view and save it for regular use. The item that is missing for me is my time estimates which I use extensively to plan my days. The night before, I sit down with my planner and to do list and map out my day. Time estimates for each task is a critical piece to that puzzle and including them on the print out would help tremendously.
Posted 11 years ago
benoit.christiaens says:
+1, I'm desesperately looking for a way to print notes with my tasks
Posted 11 years ago
sonjakirsten says:
my main need is to see the different priorities either highlighted in the respective color or maybe getting a color square in the same row on the print view, since those are the things I want to pay most attention, however I do also want to see related tasks that don't have the same priority and I want to see the difference.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for this or "any" printing improvements...
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for being able to see time estimates in the print view

As always, keep up the great work! I use RTM daily! :)
Posted 10 years ago
eagleofjade says:
I definitely agree. I have used a number of web based task lists, and the MAIN drawback is the lack of good printing / exporting capabilities. I like to have my tasks printed so when I'm going through my day, I can see them all at a glance, and not have to drill down screens to fields or details.

So having an interface where you can show a list of tasks with fields I can select, view and print would be very helpful!
Posted 10 years ago
gellenbogen says:
I need the option to print my list in a LARGER font SIZE so that the list is readable from across my desk!
Posted 8 years ago
xgravity23 says:
+1 to be able to toggle all fields (estimate, tags, notes, etc.) when printing, plus font size options
Posted 7 years ago
ciltis says:
Somehow printing became more limited in the new version of RTM. I agree with much of the above — font size options, ability to show or hide tags, and all fields. Also, the ability to print long lists in columns on one page, without having to trick the operating system, which makes the lists extremely small.
Posted 7 years ago
afodom says:
When I print, tag colors are not visible. I'd really like my tags to show up on the printed version with the background color that I've chosen for color coding in the app.
Posted 5 years ago
afodom says:
Update: I want the option for printing tag colors available in desktop; I don't want to have open a browser to get to the printing view I want to see.
Posted 5 years ago