Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Snooze button for notifications

dice1976 says:
When is there going to be a snooze button added instead of just "Close" and "view".

I'm sure there are many users out there (please comment if you agree) that would LOVE the ability of using a snooze button. I'd even use it if it had to be a default snooze (say 5, 10 or 15 minutes) and be able to continue to snooze until I open, view, complete or delete the task that I snooze.

Please help RTM! and add a snooze ability to iPhone push alerts and the iphone app
Posted at 10:28pm on December 13, 2010
Answered
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately the SDK doesn't currently allow us to have any buttons instead of 'Close' and 'View', but if Apple changes this in the future, we can consider this idea. :)
Posted 12 years ago
uche says:
I agree strongly in principle; I'd love such a feature, but I don't think it's possible for an app developer to change the buttons that come up on a push notification. I think the idea of a general snooze makes more sense, so that if a user does not press "view", the notification will pop up again at a time later specified in preferences.
Posted 13 years ago
robin.fritz says:
Very good suggestion!
Posted 13 years ago
banjax says:
It's a great suggestion and i'd love to see RTM do it. I suspect that there are problems in do it.

Alerts in IOS are weak generally and need to be substantially beefed up. They're poorer than Win Mobile was years before. More importantnly they're not matching the either Android or WebOS so it's falling behind the competition.

Posted 13 years ago
roger.walter says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
kilgore_trout says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
dice1976 says:
Hello RTM.

Any professional word on a snooze button- even if it's just defaults like 5, 10, 15 or 60 min it would be very helpful.

I mean it is possible to create notification popups with more than 2 buttons- Cydia apps do it all the time - see bitesms

and thanks for the wonderful ipad app!
Posted 12 years ago
tekacs says:
Obviously the way that notifications work is changing slightly now, but on the basis that Apple still only support 'View' and 'Close', would you consider bringing up the last notification posted (obviously this will only work after the sync has gone through, but auto-sync handles this anyway) and prompt the user either to act upon it by completing it or to postpone it?
Posted 12 years ago
dice1976 says:
@tekacs ok so "postpone" would essentially work- if I could select the exact amount to postpone the reminder or task for.
Posted 12 years ago
spamboy says:
Outside of the restrictions within the iOS SDK, why not add the snooze button to the task page itself within the RTM app? I click View in the push notification, it loads RtM and the task, and I click a button for snooze there.
Posted 12 years ago
dlenef says:
I second Spamboy's suggestion. It's less than the ideal solution of snoozing via the IOS notification, but the app level is still 95% better than nothing at all.
Posted 12 years ago
prushton says:
Interactive notifications have been available in iOS since iOS8 and is implemented in other task manager apps (e.g. snooze for 1 hour, snooze for 1 day). I would love to see this added.
Posted 7 years ago
marco_cadonau says:
Is that coming now ? or still apple has to add more SDK options
Posted 5 years ago
swaelti says:
Yeah, would love to know, if there's something new about this request and the SDK?
Posted 5 years ago
emielvdr says:
Is there any update on this topic? I'm also missing this functionality.
Posted 3 years ago
clairex23 says:
Haven't heard anything on this topic for a while. I guess after 11 years there's no hope for seeing snooze in any format, mobile or desktop. It's just so cumbersome to edit the time on stuff. If even the "postpone" had something other than 1 day or was configurable it would be awesome. Every time an alert comes up and I'm not sitting ready to react it's 8 clicks through a bunch of steps to postpone something for 5 mins or 1 hour when I'll be available again.
Posted 1 year ago