Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to remove "Cow" logo and rename browser tabs...

smulligan says:
For "Pro" subscribers, I would like:

1) The option to remove the Cow logo: from the web pages, from the printouts and from the favicons. (I would rather have a check mark instead.) The cow is cute, but it is also a distraction.

2) The option to retitle browser tables from "Jeff's Tasks" to "Task-List-123" name. If I have multiple RTM lists open in Google Chrome, it is impossible to tell what each tab is focused on.

These would be great benefits for the Pro subscribers. Even Google Apps (which costs $50 per year) gives extensive options in removing Google's branding logos.
Posted at 7:01pm on December 2, 2010
(closed account) says:
Yes, removing the Cow logo is option that i would like.
Posted 13 years ago
jbmiv says:
One vote for the OPTION to remove the cow. Like the cow. Just don't feel like explaining it to people sometimes. (Even though I'm also an RTM evangelist.)
Posted 13 years ago
joanrafel says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
rcamner says:

The cow is an integral part of the "brand." Without the cow, how much sense does the name "remember the milk" make? Well, I suppose it makes some sense, but it loses its whimsy.
Posted 12 years ago
aidan.grogan says:
Please add me to the lift of people looking for a "remove the logo option"
I love it for personal stuff but I would love a logo for each list. Some of the lists are for customers and I hate having to explain.
Posted 12 years ago
rod.satterwhite says:
+1 With all due respect to rcammer, I use this product in a professional context, so unfortunately whimsy isn't always appropriate. Hence I agree that the option should be available so users can tailor the product to their specific needs and circumstances.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Add me too please - to have the option to remove the cow logo - for the same reasons already mentioned.
Posted 11 years ago
ryan.hammer says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please, allow the option of removing the cow. Agree with the above.
Thanks. I love RTM
Posted 10 years ago
mbolotny46 says:
+1. Using pro version and having cow on the monitor at work just looks weird. Otherwise a great app.
Posted 10 years ago
dkievlan says:
+1. I encourage removing the cow or switching to the nice milk carton logo, which still connects to the brand name, but looks much more polished!
Posted 7 years ago
per.gosche says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
msalam says:
Absolutely 100% on this. Its a really powerful tool but not all of us work from home or in "zany" offices where people ride scooters and skateboards through the halls. Every time I try to give a serious go at using RTM I feel like an idiot as people approach in the office. I look like I'm planning my laundry or grocery list vs. laying out a project. May seem trivial but it's really not.
Posted 7 years ago
msalam says:
A few more thoughts on this...

The cow head logo is big. Takes up too much space in the sidebar. I'd be happier with no cow head and just the remember the milk text or even just "RTM" somehow...put the cow horns on top of the left "T" or one above the R and the other above the M. I dunno...not a designer but there has to be a better solution.
Posted 7 years ago
pbarker says:
I have had a pro subscription for years and I would like this also. I find the cow unprofessional for work use.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for this idea. It takes up a lot of space and doesn't look professional for use in work.

An option to hide would be wonderful please!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
For those comfortable with keyboard shortcuts, it's possible to hide the side panel (including the cow) using ; then using shortcuts to jump between lists etc. It would be nice to see this addressed properly, but this is a bit of a workaround until then.
Posted 6 years ago
mikebeee says:
I would like to have the cow removed both from the screen as well as the printout. It is too "whimsical" for my corporate office needs. I can use adblocker to remove from the screen but not from the printout, but don't want to have to go around something that should be an option.
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 I have a Pro Subscription for many years as well but this is preventing me from using it in a professional setting. Understand the branding but perhaps smaller or the option to hide it.
Posted 4 years ago
wlcacdeputydirector says:
Agreed. Give us the option
Posted 4 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The pace of development here is not frantic, so I would love to see the developers’ time dedicated to something more useful than the cosmetic removal of a cow.

Also, there are a number of userscripts that will accomplish this.
Posted 4 years ago
mcguirep says:
Can you specify further which userscripts accomplish this and where these can be downloaded?
I too work in a professional environment where the branding isn't thought of as whimsical!
Posted 3 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The scripts I see are old and I am not sure if they still work, but I bet they could be wrangled without too much work.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=remove+rtm+cow
Posted 3 years ago
jorgesun says:
+1
Posted 1 year ago