Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New repeat option: first [day name] of [month name] (e.g. 'first saturday of august')

calibertolls says:
I like the new repeating options that let you set it to be due every 4th Tuesday, etc. Is there a plan to add this into setting the due date as well?

I have several tasks that are due 1st Saturday of the month, etc. I realize I can do this by looking up the day of the first Saturday in the next month and then setting to repeat every 1st Saturday monthly. BUT, that assumes I know what day the first Saturday in September is! :) And, that only applies if the task repeats.

I think it would be nice to have due dates in a similar fashion as the new advanced repeats. I can't tell you how many times I have entered first Saturday of Aug and it came back with Aug 1st instead.

Another just as workable alternative would be to have a drop down calendar next to the due date field that we can browse the due date from. I know this has come up before, but this would be a GREAT feature. It has become standard in lots of apps to allow date choosing from a pop-up calendar. I really miss not having one as I have to constantly switch to another app to look up a date.

Latisha
Posted at 6:14pm on August 5, 2006
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This repeat option (and more!) are available in the new Remember The Milk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
That's good.
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.