Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to share the priority on shared tasks

josh.bluestein says:
I am enjoying using RTM, slowly getting into the swing of things.

One thing I would really like is the ability to share a task with inherited priority. In other words, if my, um, boss shares a task with me that she has designated as priority 1, I don't get that priority as part of the shared task.

I realize it can be complex, as I may wish to reprioritize that task myself, but it seems like it should be possible to designate priorities as 'linked' or 'unlinked' so that either I get priority changes or I am free to prioritize independently.

Thanks!
Posted at 5:50pm on May 14, 2010
jgmillar says:
I would love to see that feature too. Maybe it could ALSO have a limit on the number of "number 1" priority tasks that can be set during a time period. Like only 3 a day; or something. That way if my Boss (um....wife) has a lot of "number 1" priority items it helps he rdecide what is really "number 1' and what is really a lower priorty.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think you should be the one in control of prioritising your tasks.. Ofcource tasks that some people share with you are generaly quote inportant to complete, but still... you should be the one choosing what is really the most inportant for you at that time!
Posted 12 years ago
sarafiel says:
Couldn't disagree more. I share a workload list with my employee and he needs to know how I rate the priority of the jobs. It would be a lot simpler for both parties if I had the option to do this.
Posted 10 years ago