Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Firefox Add-on Problems With Gmail

ruadog says:
I have been using the Firefox add-on for quite a while without any problems. Starting a few days ago (I believe it coincided with the update to Firefox 3.5.7) I can no longer access any Gmail other than the mail in my Inbox. When I click on any other folder label, nothing happens. All I can do is compose new mail and read what is in the Inbox.

As soon as I disable the RTM add-on, I can access all the other mail again. When I re-enable the add-on, the problem comes back. Gmail also works fine using IE. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on, but that didn't help.

I am seeing this on two different machines, both running FF 3.5.7.
Is anyone else seeing this?
Posted at 11:39pm on January 8, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
More than likely, Google may have rolled out a new version of Gmail with different code, which will affect the extension's ability to operate. These rollouts are per account, and sometimes they release the new code to a small number of Gmail users first, before rolling it out to everyone, so it sounds as though your account may be one of the first affected by the change.

We've set up a status page to keep track of all the different versions of Gmail's code (and whether or not we're supporting them yet).

If you encounter issues, please check this page to find out if your Gmail version is supported, and let us know if it's not supported yet.
Posted 14 years ago
ruadog says:
Thanks for that info. Mine says:

You are currently using Gmail version "14155931".
This version is unsupported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks for letting us know about that version.
Posted 14 years ago
ruadog says:
Thanks for the super-fast fix!
Posted 14 years ago
kjell1979 says:
I have one gmail account that works and another that doesn't. I just installed the latest RTM plugin, restarted Firefox (v. 3.5.7) and it still doesn't appear. I don't have any google labs plugins active either. I'd post my gmail versions except the instructions on how to find it do not seem current. I go to the gmail settings, but there's no "tasks" link. The only "tasks" string exists on the left most pane, but that opens up the tasks window with nothing about the version.
Posted 14 years ago
ruadog says:
@kjell1979 - The "tasks" item mentioned in the link only appears when you have the RTM add-on installed and enabled. If you can't even get it installed properly then I think something else is going on.
Posted 14 years ago
…or the RTM add-on isn't able to add the Tasks tab to Gmail's Settings. That happened with the most recent unsupported version, and it's very possible there's another new one.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.