Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

completing a recurring task via twitter

good.evil.genius says:
I have a recurring task set up ("Feed fish" daily at 8am). I get the reminders via twitter ok, but I can't seem to figure out how to mark it as completed via twitter.

I tried the command "!complete Feed fish" and got the response 'Task "Feed fish" not unique. Please try to be more specific'

I tried "!complete Feed fish today" and got 'Task "Feed fish today" not found'

I tried "!complete Feed fish on today" and got no response.

Is there any way to do this, or do I have to do it from the website (or my Gmail widget) everyday?
Posted at 3:34pm on January 6, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Completing repeating tasks via Twitter can be problematic if there are multiple instances of it. That is, repeating tasks. :)

If you have the repeat set to "every 1 day", the next instance will generate when the due date passes. You could try changing it to "after 1 day" which will only generate the next once when you mark the current one complete (which would probably work for feeding your fish anyhow).

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
good.evil.genius says:
Well, I tried that, and it didn't work. I changed it to repeat "after 1 day." Only one showed up, unlike before where there were several, but when I sent a dm to rtm "!complete Feed fish" I got no response, and it remained uncompleted. But when I marked it online, the new one for tomorrow did, in fact, show up.
Posted 14 years ago
If you got no response, the message may have failed. I'll be investigating the Twitter connection to make sure it's working.
Posted 14 years ago
good.evil.genius says:
Strange. I tried it again this morning, and it worked. Maybe it was a Twitter issue before.
Posted 14 years ago
Yes, it sounds that way; even if it doesn't complete the task, you should get the "not unique" message as you initially reported.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.