Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

completing a recurring task via twitter

good.evil.genius says:
I have a recurring task set up ("Feed fish" daily at 8am). I get the reminders via twitter ok, but I can't seem to figure out how to mark it as completed via twitter.

I tried the command "!complete Feed fish" and got the response 'Task "Feed fish" not unique. Please try to be more specific'

I tried "!complete Feed fish today" and got 'Task "Feed fish today" not found'

I tried "!complete Feed fish on today" and got no response.

Is there any way to do this, or do I have to do it from the website (or my Gmail widget) everyday?
Posted at 3:34pm on January 6, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Completing repeating tasks via Twitter can be problematic if there are multiple instances of it. That is, repeating tasks. :)

If you have the repeat set to "every 1 day", the next instance will generate when the due date passes. You could try changing it to "after 1 day" which will only generate the next once when you mark the current one complete (which would probably work for feeding your fish anyhow).

Hope this helps!
Posted 9 years ago
good.evil.genius says:
Well, I tried that, and it didn't work. I changed it to repeat "after 1 day." Only one showed up, unlike before where there were several, but when I sent a dm to rtm "!complete Feed fish" I got no response, and it remained uncompleted. But when I marked it online, the new one for tomorrow did, in fact, show up.
Posted 9 years ago
If you got no response, the message may have failed. I'll be investigating the Twitter connection to make sure it's working.
Posted 9 years ago
good.evil.genius says:
Strange. I tried it again this morning, and it worked. Maybe it was a Twitter issue before.
Posted 9 years ago
Yes, it sounds that way; even if it doesn't complete the task, you should get the "not unique" message as you initially reported.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.