Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Twitter bot down?

biancolo says:
Hi folks,

This happened a couple weeks ago, and seems to be happening again. I can't add tasks to RTM via Twitter. The DMs show up my Twitter "Sent" box as going to the Twitter "rtm" account, but they don't make it to RTM itself.

Thanks!

Jim
Posted at 1:48pm on November 7, 2009
biancolo says:
Sorry, it seems they are now (or maybe they always were) getting through, and it's that I am no longer getting confirmation texts back from RTM to tell me the tasks have been successfully added.
Posted 14 years ago
douglas.wong says:
this is the same for me. adds are getting posted, but confirmations and get list/get tags commands aren't working for me anymore
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Have you tried toggling confirmations? If that doesn't help, could you try deleting and starting over the connection with RTM?

This sounds similar to a problem Twitter experienced last week, but we haven't yet heard anything regarding a system problem this time. We'll keep our eyes open.
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo says:
Hi Andrew,

Interestingly, when I did "d rtm !confirmon" I got a confirmation text back telling me confirmations are on. But when I then did "d rtm test", the task made it to my inbox, but no confirmation.

When you suggest "starting over the connection", what do you mean? Unfollow/follow rtm, or delete my phone and re-add it?

Thanks!

Jim
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo,
I meant to click the "Delete and start over" button on the Twitter service page. Let me know if you still have this problem after doing that.
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo says:
Hi Andrew,

No dice, I'm afraid. I was able to delete and start over, and got a SMS confirmation message that that was successful. But then I did:

D rtm test !1

... and it made it into my Inbox, but no SMS confirmation.

Jim
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks for testing. This is on our list to investigate; we'll see what we can find out.
Posted 14 years ago
douglas.wong says:
is there any update on this issue?

i've tried deleting and starting over, but !today, !tomorrow and !gl don't work. The only command I see working is !confirmon.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm afraid I can confirm this.

Tasks are getting through, !confirmon gives me a dm back, but !today or !tomorrow or !getlist are met by total silence...
I have tried the "Delete and start over" routine as well, but helas, it didn't help.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
BTW, confirmations and reminders themselves DO work for me.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.