Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

DM on Twitter not working

natepagel says:
I DM and nothing ever happens. I've got an account and clicked the confirmation link via email and followed @rtm.

Help?
Posted at 9:28pm on October 26, 2009
nbr says:
This has been happening with me too. It only started within the last week. Before then, it was working fine. It still works intermittently. I just DMed three tasks to @rtm. The first one was added correctly and confirmed. For the others, nothing ever happened.

Any suggestions?

Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
natepagel, it would seem that @rtm isn't following you. Sometimes the auto-follow mechanism is delayed. Once @rtm follows you, you can DM the account, and tasks will be added.

nbr, it would seem that you're experiencing a different problem if it's intermittent and worked before. Might be worth setting up again.
Posted 14 years ago
nbr says:
I tried deleting my Twitter account information and setting it up again from scratch. I am not receiving any DMs from @rtm. Your bot just doesn't like me! Any suggestions? My Twitter username is @nbr and my RTM username is nbr.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Are you expecting DMs for confirmations and for reminders? It might be worth making sure both of those are on on the service page. And are any tasks getting added at this point, or is that still not working?
Posted 14 years ago
tmcclellan says:
Its also stopped working for me.
I can see the DM in my twitter outbox, but it never shows up in my inbox on RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
nbr says:
Update: still no change. I've deleted my Twitter account information and DMed the confirmation code to @rtm. Nothing happens. I get no responses to anything I send. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's a problem with direct-messaging functionality and my Twitter account.
Posted 14 years ago
fisherw says:
I'm also having problems with twitter. About 1 out of 4 or 5 messages go thru to RTM.

I see the DM's in my twitter outbox, but they never show up in RTM. Veryt frustrating as I need RTM to be reliable
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately this is an issue on Twitter's end -- I've posted more info in a status blog post. Hopefully Twitter will have this fully resolved soon.
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo says:
The status post says Twitter has fixed this and they are just testing, but if it's deployed, I don't think it's working. I have been trying to set up phone integration with RTM, and can't seem to get my confirmation accepted. like others, I can see the DM's in my Twitter "sent" box.

Thanks!

Jim
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo says:
It works for me now, thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
nbr says:
As of this morning, I've tested it a couple times successfully. Maybe the issue is fixed. I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.