Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add Task from the More Actions menu

manischewitzbacon says:
up til about a week ago, while reading a message, there was an option in the More Actions menu to add a task, this disappeared the other day, and i figured it was a change on the gmail side, but when I installed the RTM update today, add task is still not back :(
Posted at 4:35pm on December 15, 2008
(closed account) says:
I just noticed this same thing today. I only noticed it after installing the update and minimizing the RTM sidebar, but restoring the sidebar didn't seem to change anything. It seemed to be working OK last week.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi both, this can be due to a change in the Gmail Code. Please try the below steps;

1) When in Gmail and experiencing the issue, paste the following into the address bar of Firefox, and press enter:

#alert(RTM.GmailAPI.getGlobal('JS_VERSION'))

Please let me know the code that shows (it will show the version number of Gmail, so we can check if perhaps your Gmail account has a newer version of Gmail's code).

2) Please let me know of any other extensions or Greasemonkey scripts that you have installed.

3) If you use an Gmail Labs features, try temporarily disabling Gmail Labs ( http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=97386&hl=en ) and see if this helps.

4) Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software (if any) and see if this helps.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Pasting the #alert code simply gives me a Firefox error that the URL cannot be loaded. Aside from the RTM addon, the only other extension I'm using that hooks into Gmail is Integrated Gmail - I tried disabling that then restarting, but still no "add task" option. I've also had that installed at least a week before this issue occurred.

I disabled all Labs functions with the same result. I'll try disabling my antivirus later and let you know if that makes any difference.
Posted 15 years ago
manischewitzbacon says:
i couldn't get the #alert bit to work either. I viewed source, and the first script tag had a src of ?view=page&name=browser&ver=1k96igf4806cy

not sure if that ver is the version you're looking for...

i have "better gmail" and have tried with it enabled and disabled. no scripts, no labs, no antivirus for me... I also tried on mac and windows...

i know the javascript, so if there's something I can check from firebug or something, let me know...
Posted 15 years ago
ritz.steytler says:
I have exactly the same issue - "Add Task" has suddenly disappeared for no reason. Followed all the steps (disabling & re-enabling everything (labs, FF extensions, etc) all to no avail.

Please help!
Posted 15 years ago
callista says:
arvid,
I pasted the following into the address bar.
URL:
#alert(RTM.GmailAPI.getGlobal('JS_VERSION'));
Result:
a9SCC6X1Wbg

Hope this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
callista says:
Ah ... I see ... your post board stripped the javascript portion.

Here's the URL again:
javascript : alert(RTM.GmailAPI.getGlobal('JS_VERSION'));
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
callista,

seems like you have a newer version of Gmail, this will break the code for a while. Our developers will fix this. Unfortunately it seems like Google allows rolls out code in phases and you are one of the lucky ones getting it first :)

Posted 15 years ago
callista says:
erm ... yay! For getting google stuff first.
But ... :( cause RTM's broken. I need my fix. ;)
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Apologies for that callista,

unfortunately Google doesn't proactively makes us aware of a new version and they first roll it out to a subset of users. We will do our best to get it working again as soon as possible.

Feel free to also install/use the RTM Gadget;
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/gadget/
Posted 15 years ago
mark.menger says:
Is there any rss feed or bugzilla report that we can see for status updates on the fix for this issue?

Thanks much for a great and useful product/service
Posted 15 years ago
gribelu says:
Still broken for me.
Version string is a9SCC6X1Wbg
Posted 15 years ago
gribelu says:
Why don't your developers tie the RTM script version to the Gmail script version?
That way they can fix a new version of gmail's script even if it's not used by all the users yet.. and it would work in parallel with the old version.
Posted 15 years ago
codetwist says:
Same here - no Add Task and google js version as above.
Posted 15 years ago
megan.drayton says:
Same here... it's been weeks! I'm dying! My inbox is a mess. Please help us RTM!!!
Posted 15 years ago
gribelu says:
It seems to be fixed for me! Thanks
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Gmail updated their code which we also had to do. The developers were able to do so during the weekend.

I would recommend you clear your cache to see whether this fixes the issue.

If not, feel free to submit a support request through email.
Posted 15 years ago
callista says:
Add Task came back for a one day visit 2 days ago.
Here's to hoping it gets a PR. *cheers*
Posted 15 years ago
megan.drayton says:
Yes, mine was back for a day and now it's gone again...
Posted 15 years ago
gribelu says:
Yup, gone again.
New version string is Bb2Jwb553WA
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
gribelu,

please submit a support request for that so we can have a look at it;
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/support/?ctx=gmail.newissue.other&report=1. You can refer to this forum post.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.