Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Additional syntax to use in Twitter coming soon?

mibara says:
Hello, I notice that people have been asking for the ability to post to a specific list via twitter since 2007. I would like to ask if you have any timelines for imlementing this?

Also, it would be extremely helpful if you could add a tag when you add a task via twitter.

For example, the text via twitter might look like this:

"d rtm Here's a task friday 8am @tag1 @tag2 List:myList"

This text would add the task 'Here's a task', schedule it for next Friday at 8am, place it into the user's list called 'myList', and add two tags to the task, 'tag1' and 'tag2'.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted at 2:34pm on December 3, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Mike,

We're not able to say when specific features may become available, sorry. :(
Posted 15 years ago
pat.gallant says:
Hi, I use the twitter service for RTM for quick things I want to send (using the twitter plugin to Outlook). I'd like to chime in that I too would like being able to use tags for sending direct messages to RTM via twitter. Following the GTD methodology it would be great if I could send something like:

d rtm Need time estimate from Joe @waiting_for

Thanks and keep up the good work with RTM! :)

-Pat
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
i agree! this shouldnt be too hard and it would really make twittering extra useful!
(especially since this article
http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/take-launchy-beyond-application-launching-284127.php
tells you how to post through twitter using lauchy, which I recommend to everyone, seriously!)

Still, thanks a lot for the great integration in RTM. Its the integration, aside from the interface, that makes it special!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
anyone else having trouble with twitter task adding today? my direct messages seem to be going through, but they don't show up in my inbox.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.