Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Detailed release notes

wojo says:
I just updated to 1.0.2, and the item that states "bug fixes" isn't very helpful.

Is it possible to have the issues that were resolved called out in the forums or in the iPhone update screen so we can see if our issues were resolved?
Posted at 9:38pm on November 13, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I know you guys have won Apple Design Awards, but one aspect of Apple you really don’t want to emulate are their nearly useless release notes.
Posted 15 years ago
ab (Remember The Milk) says:
This release fixed all known bugs.

[now listed on separate page]

In addition to the above, all known issues with sync stability are now resolved.
Posted 15 years ago
wojo says:
Great, exactly the kind of details I was thinking. :) If you can do these on future releases, I think you'll have a lot of happy people -- especially the ex-beta testers and other people that think like we do (tracking issues, trying to find new ones, etc)
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're going to post the release notes on our site (unfortunately we didn't get enough warning that Apple had approved and posted the updated version to the App Store to do this :)

Part of the reason for the not-particularly-helpful update description is that the description has to be available in all languages the App Store is available in (so we'd need to translate some reasonably complex release notes each time we fixed bugs if we were to include the whole thing in the update description). We'll point to the release notes available on the site in future update descriptions.

In addition to that, not all bugs are fixed through the app; we've been fixing server-side issues on an ongoing basis, so we need somewhere we can list these too.

In any case, all bugs that were possible to be fixed (i.e. not tracked down to iPhone OS issues :) have now been fixed.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Release notes (including server-side updates) are now available here. We'll be updating this list for future versions of the app as well as any further server-side updates that don't require a new app version.

I'll make sure that we're linking to this page in our next update description.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that each time we submit an updated version of the app to the App Store, it will fix all known issues at that time (that are not iPhone OS issues). We'll try our best not to make everyone update the app multiple times if everything can be batched into one update. :)
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I ♥ your release notes, Emily. Apple has plenty to learn from you guys.
Posted 15 years ago
wojo says:
Amazing :) You always take it one level further and really consider what it is like to be a consumer of a product. Thanks Emily!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.