Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

email to task inbox

jgirard says:
Anyone else having trouble with this feature working right now? Have tried from multiple email accounts, multiple formats, not working (worked fine yesterday).
Posted at 7:40pm on November 10, 2008
brandon.sek says:
yes I am having the same problem
Posted 15 years ago
bkburns says:
Ditto here
Posted 15 years ago
agoraphobia says:
same. thought it was just me. today was the first time I've tried.
Posted 15 years ago
jgirard says:
whew. nice to know I'm not going crazy. at least about this. :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
It stopped working for me too. There's probably a delay in their servers.
Posted 15 years ago
coloradocollins says:
Same problem.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
me too great.. frusterating
Posted 15 years ago
anthony.baker says:
Happening here. Tried from multiple addresses. Nothing.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi.

At the moment we are facing a delay in processing mailed in tasks. Bob and the ninjas are making magic work and trying to fix this issue. I would recommend keeping an eye on our status blog for more details;
- http://status.rememberthemilk.com

Apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
mushr00m says:
My tasks are going to the inbox, but they aren't being processed correctly? I've put information into the body of the email, but its doesn't tag at all, or put the task in the right list, or anything. It turns the commands into a note. And adds my email signature on top of that as insult to me I guess :)
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mushr00m,

One thing that may be worth checking is whether your email has a signature or a disclaimer at the end -- if so, after the tasks details you'll need to include '-end-' on a line by itself, and everything after this line will be ignored (otherwise there may be some problems processing the task details).

If you continue to experience problems, please submit an email issue report via our support system.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
danas says:
Yeah, I am not able to email a task in, either from my ipod or my laptop. The laptop has no signature, etc.
Posted 15 years ago
danas says:
And my tasks are still not going to the inbox. No info in the body of the email.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi danas,

could you please submit an email issue report? We will then look at it.

Regards,

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
bryan.kirch says:
NOT able to submit tasks properly

I'm becoming a little frustrated since so many people have brought up this issue and I have even issued a ticket, yet there is no solution delivered, NOT EVEN recognition of error by RTM

I'm using gmail to send tasks to RTM (which should work just fine, since RTM has a gadget for gmail and everyone on earth has a gmail account now)

I have tried many variations to the syntax

I have tried full syntax e.g. Task: "task name"
I have tried abreviated syntax e.g. T: "task name"

I have tried using single spacing between syntax commands
I have tried using Double spacing between comands
I have tried no spacing between comands

Subject line is Not Recognized as Task

I have tried plane text emails
I have tried html emails

Email contents are appearing as different tasks and the syntax comands are NOT being recognized by RTM

There is definately a problem, can someone please take this seriously!
Posted 15 years ago
bryan.kirch says:
I think the problem is using the wrong email ID. I stoped using the import id and the issue seems to not exist.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad, or if there is a misscommunication, maybe I misunderstand the use of import email id

appologies if i'm at fault
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Brain, I sent you an email
Posted 15 years ago
kevinbaird says:
In case you think the issue is resolved, I think it is still not working.

I'm sending to the Inbox email address (my name + a few hex characters@rmilk) that I find in Settings > Info > Inbox Email Address. Is that what I'm supposed to be using? Am I missing something?

Against my better judgement, I was planning on giving that address to my wife. (Hmmm, maybe if it doesn't work then it's a *good* thing. :)

Thanks
Posted 15 years ago
vanelson says:
Still not working for me. When all the test emails I've sent finally come through, I'll have a mess.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Vanelson;
We experienced a temporary delay in processing tasks sent in via email earlier today. This has now been resolved, and any tasks sent during this period should now be appearing in your account. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I can't get my emailed tasks to have a proper due date unless I use the "-end-" enclosure before my email signature.
Posted 15 years ago
lorne.epp says:
I've been testing emailing tasks with list:, due:, and repeat: commands, and rtm has been ignoring commands, seemingly at random - sometimes it will have the correct due date but no repeat, sometimes the other way around, and usually it will stay in the inbox instead of the list I was trying to put it in.
Posted 15 years ago
oriw says:
Still not working.

I miss Sandy...
Posted 15 years ago
jpgus says:
Failure to get tasks posted to RTM with both import and single task email addresses all afternoon. today 10 december (in Chile)
Posted 15 years ago
matthias_beyer says:
Yes, the same here. Very frustrated (emails from 18:00 German time have not come through yet 6hours later).
Posted 15 years ago
jared.cherup says:
I am also not seeing any emails show up.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Ditto.

I sent some test emails yesterday, and when they finally did show up in RTM this morning, each task was duplicated 5 times. Three emails generated 15 tasks (no, I did not use the import mail address).

Today, I am still experiencing substantial delays in email delivery to RTM, and other users have been complaining about the same issue even after RTM staff claims that the problem has been resolved.

As I'm currently evaluating RTM and contemplating an upgrade to pro, it doesn't bode well that such a basic service turns out to be repeatedly unavailable.

As long as I cannot trust RTM to correctly register my submitted tasks, I'll have to keep an eye out for alternative solutions.
Posted 15 years ago
jpgus says:
I had many repetition too. I used import and normal email addresses and tried more than once.. so not sure I can pin-point how many repeats were caused by me and how many by "the system" But 5 sounds close. It is frustrating. But it is SOOO cool and free.. that many thanks and good wishes are due. Hope the kinks can be gotten out of this feature soon. Thanks again.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We experienced a temporary delay in processing tasks sent in via email earlier today (some of you may have seen this on the status blog). This has now been resolved, and any tasks sent during this period should now be appearing in your account.

We're checking out the issue resulting in duplicates; it may be related to the earlier issues with email in. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just mailed another couple of tasks to my account and they now show up almost instantly. So indeed, the issue appears to be fixed now.

Thanks for confirming Emily!
Posted 15 years ago
jared.cherup says:
I think there may still be delays?
Posted 15 years ago
jared.cherup says:
The have showed up now. So about 5 minutes? Is that what we should expect with email tasks?
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Jared, normally it can be quicker but also depends on the in between servers/traffic.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.