Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Question about RTM, Tweeter, and mobile usage in Europe

(closed account) says:
I've learnt that you can send a SMS through Twitter to RTM, and tell it to send you an SMS with all that you have to do, for example, today (as well as other uses).
This seems awesome!
However, Twitter says that, if you are in Europe, you can send SMS to it, but it wont answer.
The question is: seeing as I'm european, would this impede my reception of the SMS? Or is the answer absolutely independent from Twitter?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Victor
Posted at 10:18pm on November 9, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Victor,

There are two ways to receive reminders via SMS:

- via Twitter (in countries where Twitter supports this feature)
- via our SMS reminders (supported networks listed here. Please note that your mobile provider may charge you to receive these reminders, as we use the free email-to-SMS feature from your provider to send the SMS.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
So, this means that if I send twitter "d rtm !today" it won't answer, because the answer is through Twitter?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi vjcamarena,

The reply will be sent to Twitter, and you'd still receive it via any other methods that Twitter supports -- but if they don't support sending SMS in your country, you won't be able to receive it via SMS unfortunately. :(
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Absolutely clear now, thanks a lot for the quick response!

Victor
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.