Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sync with iPhone calendar?

(closed account) says:
How do I sync my tasks with the iPhone calendar? Preferably without using mac iCal or google calendar, but all hints welcome. I'm enjoying the app (I've never used RTM), but a 'next month' view is sorely lacking if I can't see tasks in the calendar.
Posted at 8:55pm on November 5, 2008
(closed account) says:
Ok I worked out that you need to do it through iCal, because a) iPhone's Calendar itself doesn't have a subscribe function, b) RTM app can't interact with the iPhone calendar directly. Fine.

So you need to sync using the desktop iCal and, since I have MobileMe, it should sync back to the iPhone after that. Except that the iCal RTM rss subscription doesn't even show the events/todos (forgetting the iPhone for the moment). I think I'll wait for more info to be posted in the help section before persevering. Hopefully it'll be in the next 15 days.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I neither could find a viable way to have my lists to sync with calendars.

Having my tasks listed in my iPhone calendar is what I am looking for, but so far I couldn't manage to have them sync with outlook 2007 without manually re-subscribe to the iCalendar (events) feed.

This and the fact that after the sync with outlook I have to manually move the iCal to the main one and them use iTunes to sync with the phone is actually stopping me to even think about using RTM other than to highlight emails I want to keep an eye on in gmail without the need to have them in the inbox (using RTM for gmail extension)

anybody else?
Posted 15 years ago
vamshikk says:
I use 'Nemus sync' to sync my google calendar events to sync to my iphone calendar. I subscribe to my RTM smart list (with due dates) in google calendar. Now I have my RTM tasks sync'd to my iphone calendar :).

The only drawback is that google calendar doesn't sync to the subscribed calendars that often.

V
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
yeah, I already ditched the idea of using google calendar to sync from the very begin...
and jailbreaking my iPhone doesn't excite me neither.

actually... if I can get outlook 2007 to actually work with RTM feeds and somehow automatically clone or move the iCalendar under the main one... the google calendar sync application would close the loop.

Posted 15 years ago
robert.besaw says:
I always add a date to my tasks and then subscribe to that calendar in iCal. It automatically then gets added to my ical on the phone. If you add a time to the task and a time to complete you can have all of the tasks show up.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I do date tasks...
I guess it works much better with iCal on mac than it does on windows' outlook2007
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
Can anyone help out a pc userwith outlook2003?

I do sync my gcal and two pcs running outlook 2003 via plaxo so if I could get the info into gcal I have a fighting chance of getting this working. Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I finally worked out the solution that works best for me. I preferred a solution that didn't need either my Mac or a 3rd party service in the middle.

I bought the app SaiSuke ($10) which is essentially a calendar replacement for the iPhone. Apparently Pocket Information will soon come to the app store ($20) but Saisuke is fine for now. I'm surprised Saisuke hasn't been mentioned on RTM.

My iPhone RTM events are now in perfect sync with my iPhone calendar (Saisuke). Woohoo!

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
:) sounds great!
replacing the iPhone's calendar altogether !

I saw online SaiSuke sync with google calendar (only?), how do you get RTM in there?
Posted 15 years ago
jenmy says:
I bought SaiSuke, but I can't find way to sync with RTM
I think gardiner means sync through google calendar(only show events but can't edit)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yep, just one way sync. Because the RTM-Google part works only one way, the RTM-Google-Saisuke can only work one way. In fact, the Google-Saisuke part works two way. Your RTM tasks are fed into Google calendar as all the faqs describe. All Saisuke does is essentially put the Google calendar on your iPhone. If the Google calendars are subscription based (like RTM subs), they are one way. If they are calendars created in Google, they are bidirectional.

I never put meetings or appointments in RTM. RTM is for tasks. Those tasks show through Google into Saisuke. If I want to change a task I do it in my task manager RTM. I put meetings or appointments directly into Saisuke. If my task is to set up a meeting, I'll track the task in my task manager and record the meeting in my calendar. I believe this is the GTD preferred method as well.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
By the way, google has now released iCal to gCal sync, which may smooth the proces for some. eg, no need for SpanningSync or the like.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.