Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminder alarm

aryeha says:
Im new to this but im loving it so far. Great job.

What about an alarm to when items are set with a time? I dont know what Apple's SDK allows but it would be great.

Thanks
Aryeh
Posted at 4:51pm on November 5, 2008
veronism says:
I love it too. And yes, the ability to set alarms would be great!
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi aryeha, veronism,

No, third-party apps currently cannot run in the background on the iPhone or iPod touch. To support reminder alerts, the app would need to constantly run on your device and check your tasks to know when to pop up an alert (right now once you exit the app, it stops running altogether). While we're waiting on Apple to offer a solution that may make reminder alerts possible, you can set up email, IM, or SMS reminders for your RTM account.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
I had the same question, Thank you Arvid for the complete answer.
Posted 15 years ago
waleed.ahmed says:
Can we have sms reminders in UK?
Posted 15 years ago
waleed.ahmed says:
Please..?:-)
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
O2 will give sms reminders - text 'On' to 121.

Please use the search function on this forum

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/4785/
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Are you planning on including support for the push notification service if Apple ever decides to release it?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
If you subscribe with google calendar, you can set google calendar to send sms's.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I can send SMS from RTM, if I'm going to spend $25/year I want to get some value out of it.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi binarymelon,

Regarding the push notification service, I'm not able to confirm whether we'd support that particular method until the full details are announced by Apple, sorry. As far as I understand it, the push notification service hasn't been announced yet.

We will definitely be exploring any way that becomes possible to provide reminders on the iPhone without the app running at the time (aside from the email/SMS reminders).
Posted 15 years ago
johnmsch says:
How about setting an alarm in the iPhone? Is there any way for RTM to create an alarm with the description from the task as the alarm label and a choice of which alarm sound to use?
Posted 15 years ago
Hi johnmsch,

Third party apps aren't able to integrate with or access the Clock app to set or change alarms, unfortunately. :(
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have RTM integrated with my Twitter account, to notify me an hour before a task is due, and Twitter set up to e-mail me Direct Messages.

I just have to wait until my iPhone fetches mail (e.g. every 15 minutes) to get the notification.
Posted 15 years ago
smilla4 says:
It's too bad you can't sync it with the iphone calendar, that way you could get alerts on your phone.
Posted 15 years ago
shapps47 says:
that's a great idea. Does the SDK allow RTM to create a new event with reminder alarm in the main iPhone calendar?
Posted 15 years ago
Hi shapps47,

Unfortunately third party apps aren't able to integrate with the iPhone calendar app, either. The SDK doesn't allow for access to calendar data. :(
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.